Grey or black?

The grey knights in IA2 have black armour with silver and gold being used only to pick out certain parts (kind of like the one in the back of the 40k rulebook) whereas in the codex and the grey knights book they are silver with gold ornamentation.

The question is: which one should i follow? i think that the black looks good but then so does the silver.

i was also going to do each of the squads bases to look like they are combatting a particular chaos power with the terminator squad being a combination of all 4.

couple of questions about this one.

is it legal for tournie rules etc? and what do you guys think of it?

I do the black ones, but the fluff somehow got changed to the Grey Knights being gun-metal coloured, I'dsay it's a matter of personel interest, if you're better at painting with metallics I'd say go for the new scheme, if you're better with flat colours go with the black ones. I find the black onea are alot grimmer and fit in with the 40k "feel" better

I also once tried out the combating of 1 chaos power by each squad, failed horribly, i would suggest not doing it as the bases can really tie your army together

Metalic or otherwise? :P

I did a few Grey GRey Knights, one of em won me a neophyte award for the conflict calgary warpstone painting contest, and this scheme stays close to my heart, i just really don't like the shiny silver of most people's grey kngihts, as it usually turns out crap, i know mine sure did, that's why i've had to repaint them, still got a few unfinished ones lying around ;)

Archived