"CONSECRO"

Freakforge.. I bow to your GS superiority. That work is simply amazing!

I love the motion you have in the Dreadnought, and it does give the impression that it could get up and walk over the table and pop you in the face! lol

well done, very well done!

is this going to be a display peice? ... most likely?

because in game terms only BA's can use furioso.

other than that it is an awesome conversion so far, and your GS skills are amazing. far better than mine.

sorry but off topic

never used to know that about Ven. Dreads! I kinda hope other chapters could use the Furioso so the BAs wouldnt be accused of cheese.

back to topic!

i didnt notice this before, but are those paperclips that you are bulking out for the servitors? for some reason it looks like plastic to me...

anyways, once again. awesome dread!

is this going to be a display peice? ... most likely?

because in game terms only BA's can use furioso.

other than that it is an awesome conversion so far, and your GS skills are amazing. far better than mine.

if you read the paragraph he typed prior to the pics he did mention this is being made for a diorama. great model so far. cant wait to see it finished.

Awesome work Freak. The legs are fantastic, easily my favorite part. Something I would happily pay for if it were made by Forgeworld or something.

The fire pots are great. Shave down the metal fire and sculpt up some fire with motion. You can't go this far and let little details slip ;)

Not sure on the servitors but I know that sculpting from scratch is all about time and layers so I'll be interested to see how they turn out!

fantastic work. those litle torch dudes are awesome!

Seconded.

But the thing I really like is the pose as it's very dynamic without being over the top, as often happens with dreads. :angry:

Love the idea/model!!!!! :lol:

However, we (the viewers) need more angles for the dreadnought! Also, no offence but the servitors are a WIP right? 'Cuz they look a little weak to be holding back a friggin' dread. Oh!!!!! Maybe make a censer/flail and have it attached to the powerfist? (just an idea don't kill me!)

Props dude, mad props.

:lol: You my friend, are a green stuff GOD. I cant wait to see this thing painted up! :D :) :P

-Kaldoth

Oh, and wooyay! 900 posts (Well, technically 1,100 posts...damned forum crash...)

Very nice work. I agree, some more angles and maybe some details on how you did things (like thse legs!) would be greatly appreciated.

Perfect!~ :D

The extra leg joint adds a lot of motion! Chaos can also take a dual CCW Dread, Not sure about the DA...

armature looks alot more like steel wire than plastic or paper clips.. but I dunno...

The notched fingers are also a nice touch! Keep it up! :lol:

Thanks for all the comments!

All the minis are in WIP stage , soooo... many things will change in the near future.

i didnt notice this before, but are those paperclips that you are bulking out for the servitors? for some reason it looks like plastic to me...

The armature of the servitors is made in steel wire and some epoxi glue ( the grey stuff that looks like plastic).

Very nice work. I agree, some more angles and maybe some details on how you did things (like thse legs!) would be greatly appreciated.

I willl post more pics of the dread ,... and maybe some tutorial for the legs.

Thanks again

FreakForge

The only problem I have with it is that with the leg armour removed it looks a bit weaker in that area than a standard dread. I'm not sure how to add more armour with those fancy joints though :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Tubal/Smileys/smile_2thumbs.gif

The only problem I have with it is that with the leg armour removed it looks a bit weaker in that area than a standard dread. I'm not sure how to add more armour with those fancy joints though :wub:

I have actually thought about that, and i decided i wasn't going to give the Dreadnought any armour on its legs, because it is meant to be faster than the regular dread (sort of like a Sentinel). And being a 'Furioso' pattern Dread, he won't be giving the enemy much chances to hit him on the legs... :P. However, i have reinforced them with additional pistons, that unfortunately can't be seen from the shots i took. Soon, i'll post some more pics...

Until then.

FreakForge

:lol: Woa! Man! That's some sweet good looking WIP stuff!!! I really love the 2 small statues on top of the Dread. And I really want to know how those servitor will turn out! Dunno why but your idea sounds like something I've heard somewhere... some guy from the Iron Souls Chapter with necrons close by... weird isn't it? ;)

I'll sure keep an eye on this thread!

Keep on the good work!

++ EDIT ++

Do you have by anychance more pictures of those Dread legs? I'm thinking of giving better legs to a dread in some near future and your idea is really interesting! Thanks in advance!

Thu'Ook

Archived