Testors in Europe

So I wanted to varnish a few rank and file troopers last month.

After using GW's varnish and Purity seal (tomato - tomahto) for many years without incident I've recently had the misfortune of wrecking 5 models at 5 different times, using 3 different cans.

At those times, I always checked the air humidity, wind etc and everything was fine, or so I thought.

5 ruined models and alot of frustration later and I decided to try the paintbottled varnish from GW. While decent it was simply too slow and ineffective with regards to my needs. (arming for Medusa V)

I've spent the last month mailing different delivery companies and dealers here in Europe, trying to get my hands on a few bottles of Testors Dullcote, without success.

I've searched high and low, spoken with dealers in my country who even while listed as official, had never heard of Testors Dullcote..

After some time, I got ahold of one (a delivery company representative, not a dealer) who said that their latest batch was all sold out and that they won't get more for 3-4 weeks.

The problem is, I need them now :blink:

Finally, my question to you guys.

Do you know any dealer in Europe, and if outside Scandinavia, that ships overseas?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/testors-dullcote_...QfltZ9QQfromZR8

Ebay may be your best bet. If you can't purchase by ebay, try emailing one of these guys elling the stuff, and ask where they bought it. I've found it at local hobby lobby (i'm in the states), and at walmart and k-mart. I doubt you have those stores, but keep calling around.

Here's a link to testors dealer search, should help: http://www.testors.com/dealer_search.asp

Ah thank you Brother Argos and Joker; I was looking for Dullcote too! :huh:

However...

If you go to Google, and type in "Testors Dullcote UK" you will be pleasantly suprised.

Herein lies the problem: both Nihm and I are not in the UK but on continental Europe. and as you might know, pressurised cans are prohibited from being transported by plane unless under a special permit. which is prohibitively expensive (and as fas as I know unobtainable for private use).

So the quest goes on for the ever elusive Dullcote. Oh how it (does not) shine(s) just out of reach...

Exactly. ;)

On a sidenote, one of my leads may turn up with promising news today,

Edit: I just thought of someone here on the B&C who might know as well. PM away!

I'll let you know.

You know I have that same problem for many things over here in Germany and I just find it to expensive to have shipped from another country, admited the quality of the stuff is great but at those costs I would much rather continue to use the GW stuff, even though there Matt Varnish isn't matt it still shines a bit (might be because my can is still from 1998).

Laters

Archived