WIP Termi Commander...

ImRuined

Finally taken some photos of my Commander, he's pretty much complete conversion-wise, now I just need to get my backside in gear and paint him... :P

* EDIT * Forgot to include some details about what I did... The combi-plasma is from the Dark Angel's commander (what ever his name is) and so is the base of the sword, along with part of the hilt from Grey Knight Commander Stern's sword and a couple of plastic chain-swords... Fluff wise, it's a powered-chainsword which my DIY Chapter recovered from a Space Hulk... In game terms it's a master-crafted Lightning Claw...

The bionic leg is actually a cut down bionic arm from the Commander sprue... Terminator armour includes a neck guard from one of the Black Templar power armour torso's and a couple of shoulder guards from some Ork bitz I had... The studs are just pin heads, having cut off the pin and drilled a small hole to lodge them into...

Comments and feedback would be appreciated...

Full Shot

Commander in full... Leaning on a dead Khorne Berserker he just put a few bolts into...

Detail

Armour details... (Ignore the hair on the shoulder, it aint there in real life :blink:)

Looks pretty good there, ImRuined. He's got an awful lot of stuff tacked onto his armor...

The combi-plasma is from the Dark Angel's commander (what ever his name is)

"whatever his name is"? Oh boy. :P

Yeah, I wanted the armour to look rather archaic, and I also figured that being the Chapter Master (forgot to mention that too, my memory aint with me today :blink:) he should have a little more decoration...

As to the DA Chapter Master, my memory aint with me as stated... :blush:

YES!!!

Someone hasn't fallen under the hand of the traitorous Dark Angels.

There is some hope for this universe yet.

Looks good though.

I'm personally not a fan of giving a shoty weapon to a comander, i prefer to deck them out with big claws or hammers. But to each their own.

Thanks for the feedback... To answer some questions...

I wanted him to be a little 'busy' as he is my Chapter Master, and really, he aint any more busy then alot of GW models really, which is what inspired the extra bling as I usually don't go in for alot of decoration...

Yep, bionic arm off the Commander sprue used for the leg, just a bit of cutting and filling to give the right positioning...

Chapter colors are my own DIY chapter, the Death's Vanguard... Gonna be mostly red with black shoulder pads and shin pads, with a black stripe down the centre of the helmet...

I've always liked the look of a Commander holding his weapon high, casually examining the battlefield around him, so I wanted to give him a shooty weapon to do just that with his pose... There's also fluff reasons for the combi-plasma and the bionic leg... The combi-plasma was the closest thing at hand when cut down by a Necron Wraith taking off his leg, the plasma element turning the Wraith into a pile of molten slag before it could finish him off... He still carries the very same weapon that saved his life...

As to the DA Chapter Master, I thought it was Azrael, but could not recall if Azrael was the CM or the name of the DA Interrogator Chaplain... But, as far as challenges, bring it on! (once my army is complete) :blush:

Archived