Display army

Ok so heres my predicement...

1: I cant spell

2: I need an army

Bascically im after a disply army which I will paint well ect.

Any suggestions as to waht army. Im thinking bout marines :P ( I know...)

But the army will be c.o.d themed and I may even do a blog...

Any help is appreciated!

Guest mentors

yeah i think marines will fit the bill fairly well when doing and army for display purposes.

as far as paint scheme's go they're probably one of the most coherent so wont look to bitty(hopefully you know what i mean by that)

my advice is go for a couple of strong contrasting colours and keep the scheme fairly simple. have a look at my photobucket and you'll see what i mean.

hope this helps

mentors :P

Bascically im after a disply army which I will paint well ect.

Any suggestions as to waht army. Im thinking bout marines :P ( I know...)

But the army will be c.o.d themed and I may even do a blog...

Any help is appreciated!

So basically you want the community to answer a very personal question :P ?

First of all do some research in what army you would like most. Both fluffwise as paintwise. Then try a test model. One model in a catalog might look great, but maybe the color scheme isn't your cup of tea. Or maybe you can paint up all your minis like Golden Daemon winning pieces of art, but you've got no fluff that floats your boat... My advise would be: always start with a test mini before you start the entire army, and have at least a bit of the fluff and rules thought before you continue.

This might help you get some to the point answers when you post you questions here, instead of the 'huh?' you would get when asking for very open questions.

What you have now is basically a description of the path you are going to follow (display army, cities of death, blogging, etc.), but you don't know what the starting point is. If you ask here 'what chapter should I start', from the 100 answers you'll get, you'll get 95 different answers. Remember, you're painting an army for yourself, not for the B&C.

Thanks and ive decided to against the normal... And go to ultrmarines as there arent many of them ^_^ ! And thanks spikyjames your army inspired me. I spoke to you about painting them before on warseer. Im spongebob103

Expect to see an army list and some minis in the next week or so ;)

Guest mentors
Thanks and ive decided to against the normal... And go to ultrmarines as there arent many of them :) ! And thanks spikyjames your army inspired me. I spoke to you about painting them before on warseer. Im spongebob103

Expect to see an army list and some minis in the next week or so ;)

spikyjames? who's he then ;) . no probs mate, did i give you my recipe before? if not pm me and i'll send it through.

Archived