Bob's Secret Scout Squad

Howdy doo!!

Corporal Bob with Power Fist

gallery_14943_627_15720.jpg

Lookout here is my awesome battle damage (note check helmet)

gallery_14943_627_60766.jpg

Close Combat Weapons and Bolt Pistol

gallery_14943_627_32891.jpg

Shotgunners

gallery_14943_627_24957.jpg

This is a much better shotgun than the puny ones that come in the plastic box

gallery_14943_627_35406.jpg

Photos taken with a Sony 5.1 megapixel cyber shot on marco (little flower thing), higher resloution (fine), and no flash. Photos editted with Picasa 2 using sharpen and fill light to get rid of the spooky gloom.

These are some of my first better detail models with lining in, multiple layers (thinned down with water even), and the best splotches on light coloured blobs in the eyes. Comments and quesstions welcome!!

After 40,000 years of war my marines have figured out that wearing their helmet protects the one part of their anatomy that they don't have a duplicate of, the brain.

Anybody ever notice they guys and gals in Irap not wearing helmets? Nope they always have their head gear on and so do my marines :) :blink: :D

Thanks for the comments

....Interesting. The only complaints I have, are:

1.) the one marine shoulder pad on some of the models is a little akward. Especially cause it seems as if the placement of the pads is random, though maybe not.

2.) also, I can't tell if the stuff on the boots is weathering or just not painted. might want to make that a little more obvious, unless you're not done, in which case whatever.

Good job though for a first run with all these advanced painting techniques.

Oh, and thicken out some of the camo splotches, I can see red through some of them. :blush:

Maybe Its the combination of IG and Space Marine parts, maybe its the colour scheme i don't know what it is I just don't like these models! :P anouther thing i don't like is the uneveness...you know like some having shoulder pads some not. but then one could say that spending most of your working hours hiding in bushes, up trees and god knows where! u can't blame them for misplacing a few pieces of equipment!

keep up the good work!

ASSBEE :P

The random equipment is to detail the development of the scouts. They earn small pieces over time as they get closer to achieving marinedom.

On the shotguns going left to right this is how they are made using the plastic scouts.

Standard shotgun with chaos warrior knife

Bolt pistol with scope barrel trimmed and the bulk of the shotgun added in

Piece of a sprue trimmed (little barrel shaped mold pieces) drilled and added to the end regular shotgun. I turned the arm to make it more of the pistol grip shotgun

THe last one is a scout bolter with two shotgun barrles filed down and glued together and the melta end of the obliterator weapon pieces.

Simple as pie. That would be store bought pie not the hard to make home made business.

Thanks for all the comments.

Archived