Super Sculpy

I've just go my hands on some super sculpy, and was just wondering if anyone knows any tip, tricks or tutorials I could use. I've used green stuff before, so know basic sculpting techniques, just want to know if there is anything that I should take in consideration when using it.

Thanx in advance.

Don't over cook it, it burns (has more to do with too hot than too long),

It can be worked in layers, so you can make a rough shape, then go over it with more and bake it ontop (or use greenstuff overtop)

If thin, it is brittle and will shatter if you try and bend it or drop it.

Breaking it can leave a really cool rock look on the break

Carve into it pre baking.

You don't need to keep your tools wet.

pinning into it works well.

sanding can leave a polished stone like surface.

Don't bake on a base, bake seperatly then glue on.

I think thats enough for now..

-Legacy40k

I've also seen it mixed with Green Stuff to act as a looser sculpting base. If mixed with Green Stuff, it won't harden as fast and you'll have more time to work in details. Never done it myself, but I have heard of using it in that fashion.

One more tip.....

Bake your piece as per temperature and time on the instructions , them turn off the heat and leave your piece in the stove till the oven cools back to room temperature. Super sculpy has a nasty habit of forming hairline cracks if cooled down to quickly. Also sculpy kind of smell when you cook large pieces, the owner of the stove might appreciate this. That is why some sculpters use an old toaster oven to bake their pieces. Hope this helps.........DXM

Archived