Bionic Replacements...

Hey guys hope you can help, I'm looking into converting my own Bionic parts, for my Iron hands. I will be getting the Iron hand's sqd box set, but there obviously insnt enough bits to go around. Has anybody got any How to's and such?

Good luck. Depending on how exacting you are in regards to your bionics, there are either a bunch of neat parts you can use, or none at all. Personally, I do not find any of the bits in the GW range to be satisfactory bionics, and would recommend scratchbuilding them with plastic tubing, green stuff, and random bits.

However, I have had some limited success using plastic necron parts (suitably bulked up). If you've got enough cash lying around to buy a whole box of necron warriors, it'll give you plenty of bitz and you can assemble a few necrons to paint for fun or practice your metallics on. You will need to bulk these up or they will look a bit weedy.

Take a look at the Necromunda pit slaves, as well. They've got all kinds of crazy bionics. If you're willing to shell out $8 or so for a single bionic arm, the Imperial Guard figure, Colonel "Iron Hand" Strakhan (I think that's the last name) has a nice one.

You'd be surprised how many bits from the basic space marine sprues can be used as well, with a little imagination. Try playing around with the spare missile from the sergeant sprue, the auspex, the targeter, even bolt pistols.

Hey,

I will be getting the Iron hand's sqd box set, but there obviously insnt enough bits to go around

An easy fix is to cut the forearms out of the plastics and replace with pins.

Use the same technique you'd use for pinning lead, but make four holes.

The pins would be extra long, of course . . .

Orient the holes such that the pins will seem analogous to a radius and ulna.

The same trick can be used on plastic thighs for a Bionic femur.

Just use one really thick pin. :- )

For your bp/ccw Assault squad, have a look at the Necromunda Pit Slaves.

Good luck, and have fun!

Playa

I tried an idea out a while ago for some Iron Warriors.

First, I cut away parts of the legs and arms (the bits between the groin-plates and the shinguards), and then fixed different thicknesses of wire and guitar string in. Fill in the gaps to make it look as if they're joined on, and voila! (I started with a thick piece of wire and added thinner ones afterwards, to make it easier to work with)

I've been thinking about a whole army of these. Oh well, they'll have to wait until after my death guard. :P

Arms and hands I can do, it's just feet and legs I find trouble with, especially with the "John Wayne" look. I was thinking making my own ball and socket type joints for the legs but another concern for me is the knee joint. I tried using cut down Bike hubs but alas that is too fiddly and ill fitting. On another note I made a bionic foot by hacking into a marine's boot...The only thing is little bits and rotary tools don't mix. It flew off behind my bed somewhere :P

one bionic part per marine.

you got 2 bionic heads, so thats 2 marines, 2 bionic chestplates so thats another 2 marines, 2 sets of bionic arms, give one each to a marine and replace the other with plastic arms so thats 4, and 2 sets of bionic legs and thats the last 2, or you could cut one bionic leg off each set and replace the other with a plastic leg, which will give you another 4 bionic legged marines.

Archived