"Standalone" chainswords

NoxI

I wanted to know where to find these. I am converting a True Grit army and it would be useful to have some chainswords and stuff to put at the marines' sides, like the sword is not being used at the time.

Thanks a lot.

The old chaos space marine blisters came with CC spruces' with two axes and a chainsword all unattatched to hands. I'm not sure if you can still mail order those or if you just have to find them on e-bay.

check online store under classic marines, theres a sprue which has them, alternatly, use a small piece of wire or a pin then wrap GS around it, works well... or use the hilts from other models (scout squad has a sheathed sword that has a perfect hilt as do the IG HW sprues)

There's the 2nd ed Space Marine CCW sprue :P

And guess what? It is available still through mailorder, right here!

Cheers... -_-

EDIT: Dang it! Cut off at the pass...

OH HEYL YES!!! When I have money again I'll be getting a couple of those sprues for the old-style plasma guns!

sweet! thanks a lot to everyone. This provides me with a lot of info that I can use. It shall all come to a head soon... :P

(Hopefully I don't make people expect anything great out of me...)

That's what I'm talking about refuse! awesome. Is the chainsword normal sized? That's a good deal. Hopefully they have it on the us website. If not, I'll just do the GS thing (can't believe I didn't think of that before I posted :blush: )

The True Grit rule merely says 'close combat weapon', I believe. So, any close combat weapon (all of which give the true grit's 2nd attack and counter assault) could be used. I would concider some marines with chainswords, and the rest with large blades. There are a lot of sources for large blades, including the Catachans.

I was concidering True Grit as the 2nd Trait for my DIY chapter force (Purity Above All being the primary trait), and even modeled several marines with unsheathed combat blades attached to the greaves (lower leg armor) of their armor in easily reachable positions, and not blocking the front of the greave so that I could put chapter markings, skulls, etc on them, or just leave 'em blank.

True Grit merely says that the model gets a free close combat weapon, so knives, swords, and such are useable, along with the mentioned chainswords. Where you put 'em, and what you use, is entirely up to you and the 'look' you are trying to get for your army. But to save a bit of cash, or more than a bit, I'd suggest opting for knives and swords for the missing chainswords.

If you have enough chanswords, then I'd recomend the bit of round stock for handles. It should be fairly easy to just wind thin thread around the piece of rod stock to make a grip, and just about anything could do as the pommel piece (those lovely crosses in the command set for the sgt?).

Just a few thoughts,

Rymeer

That's what I'm talking about refuse! awesome. Is the chainsword normal sized? That's a good deal. Hopefully they have it on the us website. If not, I'll just do the GS thing (can't believe I didn't think of that before I posted :blush: )

Yeah, they're the same size as the modern plastic Chainswords, Im using them myself with my converted 13th Company, slung from backpacks by leather straps.

Archived