Medieval/Baroque Chaos Marines

Well, once again I will attempt to redfine the looks of our standard chaos grunt. This time, I plan to use a WHFB chaos warrior body, some weapon swaps (I have lots of chaos bits and weaponry), and some plasticard to create a 'baroque' and 'knightly' look to our favourite protrayals of our true nature.

Ideally:

1- Warrior body, legs, cape, and forearms for body.

2- Some marine helmets may be used, but mostly bare-headed or warrior helmets.

3- Cut off hand weapons for bolt pistols, or holster soem pistols and arm with two hand weapons.

4- Use mostly stock weaponry, add some chainsword and such for variety, or the odd mutation.

5- Use some plasticard and some rods to make new "backpacks" which will resemble the diesal engine on the dred's more than anything.

6- Buy round bases.

Painting: not sure, but maybe black with gold trim painted on. Or even somehting like flat red or somesuch.

It'll be a week or so before I try this (to plan and organize and finish moving into my new place). But if this is sucessful, I may do a whole army thusly.

What do you folks think?

Sounds interesting.

Will they also be sporting rivets in armor, chainmail mesh, fur - stuff like that? Or are you going for a more knightly feel?

I especially like your idea for the backpacks, I can't wait to see them.

I've done the same thing for my Chaos chosen squad (minus the back pack idea) and it looks quite good. One thing I would say is that it makes them look like they have stumpy arms. So If I wear you I'd cut off the socket of the arm joint and add in a normal marine arm coming from the shoulderpad. It makes the models look rock hard and look like thier going to dish out the pain.

I've done the same thing for my chosen and lord. All though I didn't give them any backpacks, one thing that looks good, IMO, is to cut the warrior torso off the legs and use a CSM torso instead, then give it some of the new plastic termi arms.

I did that for my lord and it ended up looking bad ass but you need a lot of bits for it.

Archived