The Will of the Omnissiah

In An effort to avoid Obliterators Melta, I shall post this notaition first.

The Army listed Here Is a Counts as force Useing the Lost and Damned Rule list, with a few allied units of Iron Warriors. The only ones from my army that shall appear here will be the power armored ones. I will be posting a Related post to this one in the boot camp forums for all the Non-power armored stuff if anyone wishes to go look at them. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, on with the show.

I have at long last begun my big army project. this is a HEAVY conversion army list. once my digital camera arrives next week, i'll post some pictures of my first few Skitarii Units, which in my force i am useing the rules for Iron Warriors Chaos space marines :cuss Here is a description of what i've done for them. I used wood elf heads, high elf lower torso's ( for hoods and robes :) Lots of necron parts for Bionics, Space MArine arms with out shoulder pads for a more streamlined look, space marine power plants with the vents replaced by space marine smoke launchers, Tau Fire warrior torso's with the circle in the center carved out, and fuled with the skull and Cog icon from the space marine torso on the Space marine vehicle accessory spru. both hands are removed on the standard infantry, counting as being armed with bolter and close combat weapon, i attached a chainsword to one arm, and made what looks like an assult cannon for the other arm using the obliterator chain gun, and making an ammo box from plastruct, and ammo feeds from Chaos Space Marine bolters. Resparators from green stuff, Occulors from plastic rod, cables, fishing line, guitar wire, etc etc. Making 40 of those guys ( 2 squads of 20 :)) And if you think that sounds impresive, just wait till i get some pictures up. YOu like the sound of that, wait till you see my Praetorian Servitors ( count as Obliterators) OR My Mark one light Assult robots (count as Chaos Raptors) or my Mark two Assult roboots ( counts as chosen termies :))

All pictures will Be forthcomming, i promise, just waiting on my camera to arrive.

I do have a question as well, i need something mechanicus to represent possesed marines. Stat wise, they will have Demonic Talons, and the Mark of Khorne. I was considering modeling a group of combat servitors, unless i can get any better ideas. Any Suggestions from you guys on that front?

Comments and Suggestions Desired, Please

I do have a question as well, i need something mechanicus to represent possesed marines. Stat wise, they will have Demonic Talons, and the Mark of Khorne. I was considering modeling a group of combat servitors, unless i can get any better ideas. Any Suggestions from you guys on that front?

Just replace their arms with the Flayed Ones claws, and add lots of tubes to their main body.

I personaly don't aggree with using marine stat lines for Skittarri. They are (were) human and only have bionic augmentations. I can't wait to see the models though.

Maybe use SoB stats?

I was having a similar thought as Oblit and the idea of using either the WH or DH codex as an outline might not be a bad idea. Since the Sisters arent overly enhanced, they would suit well and you could re-develop the Acts of Faith to Blessings of the Machine Spirit.

Since the WH also have access to Arcos, making them Mechanicus foot soldiers wouldnt be at all too difficult.

I use a Daemon Hunters list to represent my Ad Mech forces. The storm troopers are the Skitarii and the Inquisitors are the tech priests. I use them as allies with my wolves. I don't think skitarii should have power armour.

Fluff wise, i don't count them as being in power armor. I think of it as augmetic replacement, and a lackf of fleshy bits to be hit, much the same as a tec priest enginseer. He's got the 3+ save also, for the same reasons. As far as WS, BS, Strenght, and Toughness, I'm saying they are end results of further augmentation. Unlike marines who have it done through genetic manipulation wchich would be easier to do, and more reliable(in my opinion) I figured the skitarii are expensive troops to build becuase of this, so they would not have too terribly many in an ad mech explorator force. On a side note, if you'ld like to see the inspiration for my Skitarii desin for now, take a look on page 120 of the 4th edition 40k main rulebook. And yes, i know it say ther that they are compairable to Storm troopers. SO i guess mine could be considered Skitarii Eilite. I'd allways figured there was a difference between Skitarii and Tech gaurd. In fact, in the Dark Mechanicus book, they never use the term Skitarii for the Mago's Soldiers, they call them "tech gaurd"

Fluff aside, thanks for the suggestion Obiliterator. That is going to be neet and fun to build, i'm also plnning on using the new Forgeworld Ordo xenos inquisitor to represnt my possesed aspiring champion, with a few little modifications that is :P I think he will look nicely converted with thos hands of his replaced with the same Flayed one claws. hehehe. Oh well, so much for an all plastic army.

If you have read the book Dark Adeptus then this will be an easier concept for you possessed. Because the book is about a Forgeworld that has falled to the powers and Alaric and his Grey Knight have to investigate, ect. ect. Anyway, in the book their are Viruses/Demons that possess Servitors and dataslates and stuff. In the book is a better description, their called hunter programs or something of the sort, and they were possessed by demons, maybe model a few servitors or just blocks of data with entities in it, on the servitors make the eyes glowing and the skin look like it is writhling((Right word>?? Sp??)) The concept you have going is great, if you haven't read Dark Adeptus you should do so, it will inspire you further, believe me, it make me want to start this exact same project, well but avoid the titans in the book and the Standard Templet Construct.

Hope I helped some.

Good luck

Cheers,

MCA

I personaly don't aggree with using marine stat lines for Skittarri. They are (were) human and only have bionic augmentations. I can't wait to see the models though.

Maybe use SoB stats?

Oh, dwang you Obliterator, now you made me go make an Army list for an army of them with the WH rules, pity though that I probleby wont build it for at least a couple of years B)

Should I perhaps post it anyway? In the right hands it can get really nasty :tu:

Astador : Neet Idea, but the only problem is that this is , fluff wise, a loyalist army, i'm even writing a list of items to substitute for demonic powers, and such as advanced augmetics, i'm only using the lost and damned rules for them, not fielding a corrupt magos and warband. But still, cool ideas :blink:

Please, keep them comming.

Archived