primer question

Well guys, ive just finished converting my Chapter Master Kantor model and am ready to prime the darn thing...but then it hit me like a kick in the nuts...what colour primer yields the best results for the crimson fists,

Black or White?

so guys if you have had exp. in the field of painting CF's with different colour primer, help a battle-brother out guys!! :cuss

and oh yeah the pin comes out of my hand this week, shibby!!!

thanks guys

for dorn

FM

I think black.You want a dark blue look,so the white don't really good for it.I use black basecoat on these 2 modell's they are just guine pigs :D they were basecoated with brush! :devil:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/Tussky/CF.jpg

Id definitely say go black since you are wanting a bit of a rich dark blue color.

If you think you can also pull it off, you can also use the black primer for black lining and just paint the armor plates in blue and leave in the recesses a bit of black :devil:

I almost never use black primer. If I'm using bright colors like yellow, red, orange, or red-violet (for my LEC), I use a white primer to keep the colors bright. Otherwise I use a medium grey primer. The only time I use black primer is when I'm painting a primarily black figure.

Archived