Pre - Heresy Rhino

Great conversion, I've always liked that extend front hull you've used, the two panels on the front of the old rhino just didnt do the old kit justice. The new tracks look great too, the newer kits have such detailed track that the old rhino tracks would have looked plain in comparison, Im glad you changed them to the newer style. Any ideas on what legion you're going to use it for?

Great blend of classic style of the old kits with the new.

Ahh, the wonders of modern enhancements.

Very well done Major :lol:

The only thing i would critique would be the use of the "inside" section of the doors showing rather than the normal 'front' version. Aside from that, its excellent! Definitely giving some flavor back to an ages old model.

Ahh, the wonders of modern enhancements.

Very well done Major :lol:

The only thing i would critique would be the use of the "inside" section of the doors showing rather than the normal 'front' version. Aside from that, its excellent! Definitely giving some flavor back to an ages old model.

I disagree angelus, the inside facing of the door accents the textures of the areas forwards and aft of the door itself on the model. Take another look and see the creative use of the texture of the door plate blending with the existing texture of the old outer hull. The addition of Imperial Eagles to the doors and new frontplate didn't hurt anything either. I also like the addition of 'new' style turret rings on top, and even though I can't truely tell from the single pic, I think he's added 'new' rhino top hatches as well, or converted some other model's hatchplates to put on top of this model.

Major: I agree with most of your design descisions in creating this version of the classic rhino. I applaud your NON-use of the old rhino's exterior 'handrail' bit... I always hated that. The new tracks, laid over the old, and camoflagued with the sand to hid the tell-tail detailing helps a lot. I look forwards to updated pics soon.

Rymeer

I see your points Rymeer ;)

I do agree that the major used the doors in a creative way (incl the aquila). What i didnt realise before was the 'grilling' details on the side of the rhinos and how the doors do complement the side of the rhino very well (been a while since ive seen the model).

So with my perspective now changed, the rhino looks great :P

Rymeer: The top hatches are actually the old ones with some plasticard conversions. You can see it when you watch the rear of the hatch! The new style hatch is compleatly smooth but the old style has the raised sides

Very nice work! The modernizing of the old Rhino was a very good idea and you

Most excellent; filed for future reference! :tu:

I like the way the addition of the tracks has raised the model slightly. The exhausts are good work too but I'm not too sure about them ending in semicircles as opposed to round pipes.

Also, I find that the new smokelaunchers never properly fit because of the casting process; the ends are never quite smooth because of it. what I do is take a thin drinking straw and push it over the launcher pipes, glue it in place and cut it off at the desired length. This makes for better looking edges. No comment on your model but a tip to get them to look even better.

Keep it up and I too vote for a how to... B)

Thanks for all of the comment guys, I am glad you like it.

Here are a few of the 'queries' cleared up.

The Side Doors: You are correct, I fitted them that way so the 'Grills' wold fit with the existing details. Sadly none of the doors open !

The top hatches are from the new vehicle sprue ( well the current one !)

And which chapter is it for ?????

Emperor's Children, so this baby is gonna be purple !!

Cheers

Archived