Sculpting short hair

Greetings Brothers,

I'm making a Space Wolf scout and I don't wanna sculpt long hair...so Drak suggested I sculpt some short hair, Solid Snake Style. What I'm asking you is how to accomplish such a cool style. ;)

For those of you who don't know what solid snake's hair looks like:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/psyguy12345/SOlidSNake.jpg

This is the look that I'm trying to achieve. So if you could be so kind as to help a brother in need, that would be fantastic. :P

Thanks for reading fraters.

Image courtesy of google image search

ok lets see in order for you to make hairs spiked like that you need first to sculpt in GS the main shapes... no need for texture attention just overall shapes like skeleton or surface were you later add texture...

This way you will have more control on sculpt.... so after main shapes are done and cured (try to make them smaller than the overall idea you have for hair since texture work will bulk skeleton a lot) you can now start texturing hair...

heres a example something i have done with one of my genestealers...

http://www.chestofcolors.com/cofc-postnuke..._Wolf.sized.jpg

noticed the hair texture? i achieved that by very patiently with a needle builting line by line paralel to each other... remember its all about patience...

hope it helps...

I don't get it... i do beleive he wants to sculpthair like the one in the picture, not like the new grandpa snake from the new game.

I suggest just usin a needle or paperclip to get the spikes, after the skeleton of course, what NAVARRO said is what you should do.

Archived