Desert yellow spray paint...

Atlas

Is there some kind of color code I can get for GW's Desert yellow? Short of just wandering around trying to match/compare a pot of desert yellow at a hobby shop, is there any easy way to do this?

It'll make my life a whole lot easier if I can do my base coat with this color, as its my main color.

It looks sweet too, at least painted over black.

Is there some kind of color code I can get for GW's Desert yellow? Short of just wandering around trying to match/compare a pot of desert yellow at a hobby shop, is there any easy way to do this?

It'll make my life a whole lot easier if I can do my base coat with this color, as its my main color.

The only suggestion I can offer is use an airbrush, and find a suitable airbrush paint for the job. Desert Yellow should be an easy enough colour to match approximately, as it's an earthtone. They're used a lot in military modelling.

The only suggestion I can offer is use an airbrush, and find a suitable airbrush paint for the job. Desert Yellow should be an easy enough colour to match approximately, as it's an earthtone. They're used a lot in military modelling.

or for a perfect match.. actually airbrush desert yellow. (thin first)

-Legacy40k

Airbrushing is probably best, but a bit of hassle if you only need to use it for undercoating these miniatures.

If you're based in the UK, though, try Montana Gold spray paints - the paint's a bit thick, so spray from afar, but otherwise they're perfect for GW miniatures. They come loads of colours, so you'll easily find a desert yellow proxy, and they average at

or for a perfect match.. actually airbrush desert yellow. (thin first)

-Legacy40k

I've not had a lot of luck airbrushing GW paints, yet, thus my suggestion.

I've always had them sprey okay with my Iwata Eclipse Dual Action Siphon feed...0.5 mm nozzel.. However, what I have found makes them sprey much better is thinning the paint with rubbing alchohol, enough that that the paint will drip off a stirring stick (instead of holding onto it)

-Legacy40k

I've always had them sprey okay with my Iwata Eclipse Dual Action Siphon feed...0.5 mm nozzel.. However, what I have found makes them sprey much better is thinning the paint with rubbing alchohol, enough that that the paint will drip off a stirring stick (instead of holding onto it)

-Legacy40k

Thanks! I'll give that a try with GW DA Green...

Archived