Project: Horus Heresy- before and after

This is going to be a long term project, and possibly slow going. I intend to produce before and after models of famous characters from the great crusade, with before being in their pre-heresy colour scheme andd totally loyalist gear, and after being either in their current guise, or as they would have appeared around about the time of the Second Founding. I intend to begin with Abaddon the Despoiler, first as he would have appeared on 63/19, and then after renaming the Sons of Horus the Black Legion, but before he acquired Drach'nyen.

After that, I may have fun with say, Lucius the Eternal, Bjorn the Fell-Handed and Sigismund.

Of course, I have no objections to other people joining in and posting their own "pre-and-post" versions; in fact, the more the merrier, just as long as they are named in background fluff- so no "captain bob of the imperial fists who became a soul drinker". In fact, I would prefer it if no-one posted a Soul Drinker, and we all forgot they existed, but it's your models...

Hey, the more love for anything Heresy related the better. I really like the idea of the before and after thing. I've actually already got a First Captain Abaddon for my Sons of Horus army. And I've just recently started building a city-fight themed Black Legion force headed by my own sculpt of Abaddon fully decked out as he would be presently. I've never like, or done, a really twisted all out spiky and blatantly evil chaos army...so thats where the second project is headed. I'll definitely share as soon as I make some more progess on the whole deal and get some decent pics snapped.

actually sigismund always wore balck and white as his own personal hereldry, as mentioned in one of the HH novels - 1st one i think

millest

Horus Rising, 1st book of the Horus Heresy

Chapter 6, page 131:

"...Abaddon introduced them as Sigismund, First Captain of the Imperial Fists, resplendent in black and white heraldry and Efried, Captain of the Third Company..."

You were right Millest!

P.S.

I just found another reference to the fact that the Templars took on the black and white after Sigismund's own colours:

Index Astartes 2

page 44

"...He chose Champion Sigismund to lead the Black Templars and the Chapter took upon themselves the black and white panoply of his armour..."

Dracul.

Heraldry is different then armour it is more then likely his shoulder pad and back banner there speaking off.

Or not.

You could be right.. But the second extract I found from the Index Astartes II speaks about his armor :lol:

Dracul.

Hmmm ... B)

Index Astartes 2

page 44

"...He chose Champion Sigismund to lead the Black Templars and the Chapter took upon themselves the black and white panoply of his armour..."

searchy ...searchy...

panoply \PAN-uh-plee\, noun:

1. A splendid or impressive array.

2. Ceremonial attire.

3. A full suit of armor; a complete defense or covering.

perhaps his armor was black and white :lol:

mithril

p.s good luck to you Brother Sergeant Alasseo on undertaking this pre-heresy extravaganza !!

I would say that Sigismund had the same yellow as the rest but may have had personal heraldy shield that were blakc and white ...

and upon the formation of the blakc templars Dorn picked Sigismund to lead them and he gave them the colors of his heraldy ...

I don

I thought his armour was black because he was the first Emperor's Champion. The black shows that he serves the emperor directly, just like a chaplain.

Remember reading it in the white dwarf released at the same time as the anniversary Emperors Champion.

"Father Akrida, though I am humbled by the honour bestowed upon me, it still seems wrong to obscure the sacred colours of the legion."

"Fear not Brother Sigismund, Dorn himself ordered it to be so. Your heraldry has been changed to black to show that you serve the Emperor himself directly, as do myself and my fellow Chaplains. As such you are marked out in the sight of the Emperor."

UK WD 246

"Father Akrida, though I am humbled by the honour bestowed upon me, it still seems wrong to obscure the sacred colours of the legion."

"Fear not Brother Sigismund, Dorn himself ordered it to be so. Your heraldry has been changed to black to show that you serve the Emperor himself directly, as do myself and my fellow Chaplains. As such you are marked out in the sight of the Emperor."

UK WD 246

woops :wink:

Archived