Dremel

I have absolutely NO idea what so ever if it can or cant (i suspect it can with the right size drill bit). However, im reluctant in advising its use for things like bolter barrels and anything that involves drilling into plastic. Given the relative ease of drilling into plastic, a simple hand drill and about 20 seconds of your time will do you right. With the power of the dremel, you may find control is an issue.

Now when it comes to metal minis, you could probably stand to be ok there as hand drilling into metal, isnt as easy as id like it to be. Although id still advise using a low power setting for control AND to avoid any breakages of the drill bit.

Yes you can and all you need is a smallenough drill bit and a small collet for the dremel to hold it in. Just use it on a slow speed, 1 or 2 should do, otherwise you will just melt the plastic and make a mess of the bolter.

Hi

A dremel is a rotary tool - so provided that you have / use the right drill bit it should be fine ( of course check with your dad first ;) )

I have 2 - both of which are all purpose tools - but they all work the same to me ( variable speed etc. - but drilling plastic you shouldnt have a problem with this )

BUT - it could get hot melting plastic - maybe drill small things like bolters by hand to be safe rather than sorry ?

Also - GW dont make a rotary tool ?

Thanks,

L

P.S. - if drilling into metal i would say wear glasses to protect your eyes - metal file-ings are annoying

haha i know i meant thier little Pinvise thingy, but im sure its okay with my dad since the only reason he really wanted a Dremel was to bash up some Citites of Death buildings

After taking out just one piece of flooring, you might find clean up easier with the dremel if you have some of those sanding discs, as i know id hate to spend heck knows scraping off mold lines with the hobby knife (and i thought tanks were semi bad).

well my mom bought my dad the 400 Series XPR Rotary Tool Dremel at a local Lowes and was wondering if i could use it to drill out Bolter Barrles, holes for pins and stuff since i dont have the Games Workshop one.

Ther Dreme roatates too fast for use on bolter barrels, much better for stail work inscribing somtthing ion a tank, or making a zillion "Lambdas" ib shoulderpads, or making really nice clean cuts, or sandings on models you can later fill in.

prefer the pin vise drill or a sculpting drill for such painstaking detail work.l;...

haha i know i meant thier little Pinvise thingy, but im sure its okay with my dad since the only reason he really wanted a Dremel was to bash up some Citites of Death buildings

After taking out just one piece of flooring, you might find clean up easier with the dremel if you have some of those sanding discs, as i know id hate to spend heck knows scraping off mold lines with the hobby knife (and i thought tanks were semi bad).

so far I just bought $20 worth of sanding disks for mine. :o

Archived