WIP Wolf Guard

Yesterday, i posted a thread asking for info on how you guys keep interested in a long term project and the general theme seemed to be that you picked a paint scheme that was unique and suited to your painting style.

As a result i decided i was going to do Turquoise and Orange. Unfortunately on the finished mini it didnt quite look right so i switched the Orange to good old gray.

Heres a WIP shot of my Wolf Guard chap.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/Fezbah/WIPWGLFront.jpg

^ A shot from the front

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/Fezbah/WIPWGLLeft.jpg

^ A sot from the left.

Things still to do:

-Metallics

-Skin

-highlights on the Power armour

-Paint the base and "flock"

-Company, chapter and squad markings (My freehand isn't too great so im looking at chapter makings etc that aren't too complex)

As you can see the Turquoise hasn't quite shown up as turquoise, more of a sky blue but i assure you that is is straight Hawk Turquoise.

thanks for looking c&c welcome!

<~Brother Atheos~>

The painting looks great, well done :lol:

Im gonna stand with Lord R about his question regarding the Turquoise. Unless the Wolf Guard is for 13th Co (which i dont think they can have, i cant recall for sure atm and the EoT codex is oddly enough NOT next to me).

So is this for a contemporary SW force? Or a bit of a DIY army based on the SW rules?

*EDIT*

I retract half my qustions now, since you have answered them already :huh:

The main reason for me picking SW rules wise is because i really dont like veteran sergeats :huh: IIRC its only Sw and BT that have no vet sgts and well, I've already got and unpainted 750pt BT army which quite frankly is as much fun as sitting on a CSM Land Raider covered in spiky bits. I thin in the end i'll take it into a DIY type army that has some vague reason for using wolf pelts, tails, teeth and imagery. Nearly finished it now so i'll upload the pic shortly.

Yeah the SW and BT rules arent bad. I guess if you do a SW DIY, you can just incorporate the Wolves motif easily into your army, afterall back in the day, There used to be both the Luna Wolves and Space Wolves, so i dont think its uncommon that there would be several more Wolf themed armies.

Fluff wise is easy to backup, although you might want to make your army a bit more stable gene seed wise :wink: and attribute things like the teeth etc to more of rites of initiation perhaps.

Archived