Please help with chapter badge

Hello everyone, havent posted in a long time but I need help with my DIY army. I need help with a name for it and help with the design. All marines have it painted already but cleaner and straighter than the picture. With out a further do here it is. I was thinking something on the line of "Rising Suns'" But please need C&C. Throw some other names out at me

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/firefws/RisingSuns.jpg

Thanks alot.

Got any fluff? :blush: I know im a pain but I feel that you can tell the name of a chapter from its background/fluff. What is this a symbol of? Is it their planet? a vision? something religious?

I dont have any fluff Im afraid but I can get some. The insignia is supposed to a be a sun setting in the afternoon. Im not sure what it means to them but I can make sure I get fluff then post it up later. THey are painted up purple and teal, like the vanu sovereignty from a game called planetside. Check it out here. Planetside I might have fluff for they at a later time. Maybe just in time for the medusa V campaign.

Hi there,

you were looking for some help with your chapter badge,

so I whipped this up in photoshop for you, I just took the basic idea of your design, I thought it sorta looked like an iron halo, so i stuck something like that on there, along with the setting sun theme.

use it or not, I don't mind, just give credit if you're posting it somewhere else:

it would be pretty tough to paint, so I'd suggest using it only on a banner or a tank or something,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/kraegus/logo.jpg

kraegus

That is very grateful of you kraegus. Amazing photshop skills(lol). Yes it would be tough to use in a regular marine pad. I would most likely use it for a banner, like say one on a back back or a standard bearer. That really clears up what I was looking for. I will end up fixing the ones on pad pad and add some of the yellow to the bottom. Ill show you guys a look on the army later after I add what you added. Thanks Alot Kraegus. Ill have updates soon.

That lovely chapter badge could be made into shoulder pad, and larger sizes (3mm 5mm 10mm and 20mm sizes) for things like speeder sides, vehicles of all types, large vehicles, dreadnought shoulder and leg sectional armor, etc.

Fighting Piranna Graphics can take that picture, size it to just about any size you want, and print out sheets of transfers for you. The transfer sheets are about 2.5" by 3.25". I got the company to do up a sheet with two sizes (both small), a sheet with large size, and later a sheet of all the smallest size for shoulderpads, for my DIY Chapter, the Crusading Lions (see linkage in my sig line below).

Now my transfer sheets were only one color on a transparent sheet. You'd have 3 colors on a transparent sheet, so I don't know what it would cost to make up the digital design for your chapter insignia, and further sheets of whatever sizes you feel you'll need. I would suggest measuring model areas where you want transfers to go to give you aproximate sizes, and with a bit of counting, you could estimate how many you'd need, which would give you an idea of how many sheets you'd need.

FPG is very accommodating and friendly. They will even email you an example of the design for the sheet once you opt to have them make them for you. There is a price for creating the first sheet design, but copies after the first are fairly reasonable in price. You'd have to pay the design cost again if you change the order to have more or less of a certain type, or a whole new sheet in a differing size, with again a reasonable cost for copies after the first one. FPG also keeps the design on their computers for quick access so as to be able to print up copies and get them into the mail quickly after recieveing payment.

I once sent a check via snail-mail, and still got my sheets in under 2 weeks. Paying by credit card should be faster, and paying by Money Order, safer. Your choice.

There are several other producers of transfers online besides Fighting Piranna Graphics, so you might want to call two or more and see if you can 'shop' around for the best bargain you can find.

Just a few thoughts,

Rymeer

first off, very good photoshop image....now as for your chapter name....well when i first heard the icon was a sun i imidiatly thought of the Rising Sun....if im correct that was the name of a Japanise clan or something to that extent....well play with it a little...maybe the Setting Sun, or even use gold as a highlight for your models and play with the lettering and have it that their name is "The Golden Sons" if you follow me...I cant realy think of other names to play with but thats my 2 cents

The Setting Suns could have some cool accompanying fluff like they have lost the ability to harvest the geneseed from their lost, or something similar such that they have a limited amount of time before their chapter is no more? Sort of depressing actually...

The Setting Suns could have some cool accompanying fluff like they have lost the ability to harvest the geneseed from their lost, or something similar such that they have a limited amount of time before their chapter is no more? Sort of depressing actually...

lol.. cracked me up for some reason

I like the re-work of your chapter logo by Kraegus. A name that I came up with for your chapter was acually a DIY I was going to use, but I no I won't have time to do a army of them, so you can use it if you like. The name I came up with is "Furious Sons", the sun in the logo could be a play on the word "Son" of "Furious".

I would also suggest getting transfers made of the logo for shoulder pads, maybe just simplify it down alittle so only 1 or 2 colors are used in the logo for shoulder pads.

SKULLCRUSHER Out!!

I know you said raising sons but the setting sun i think may be mistaken has been used as a euphemism for decline and death since time immemorial it is also associated with mourning. That's if you want to take your chapter down that route.

Good Luck

Thanks for the help guys. Thanks to kraegus ill be getting some transfers for the army. They wont be as complicated but the banners with have some freehand. The standard bearer will have the image free handed onto the banner. The marines and tanks will have an orange sun with say a silver iron halo. Thats only two colors. Orange and silver. Ill see how much they will charge to actually get decals. There are about 30 models in the army and I have no tanks, which i will eventually get some heavy support.

Thanks,

Bander

Nice work on that icon guys. With the name you want, how about these;

Dawn Marines

Sons of the Dawn (fluff could be about a new chapter?)

Sons of Phoebus (phoebus means sun. Sons of Sun, geddit?)

Don't take much notice of me though, my DIY is called Red Rangers, not very inspiring. I get Power Rangers all the time... :P

RoV

Archived