Imperial Warhawks WIP Chapter Master

Hello All,

It's been a long time since I last posted. Have slowly been getting to my DIY army, and now I think that I have a good army list, etc. I have been slowly working on putting the models together to start painting them by squads. I have been trying to work on the army when ever I can, but with a young child, that always doesn't leave me as much time in a night as I would like.

As always C&C welcome!

The SKULLCRUSHER

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/manofthehour1971/th_Front.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/manofthehour1971/th_back.jpg

Being a Fist player all I see is Lysander at first. That being said you have done an excellent job of de-Fisting him. The imperial eagle shoulder guard is a nice touch. I would suggest repositioning the arms before painting to a more combative pose that compliments the base pose of the fig rather than looking like about to give a big hug. Perhaps simple wrist twists like a wolverine claw pose.

Yes its always hard to get past "Hey thats lysander" but he is a really nice model. Like the alterations you have done with him and im sure a paint job will change him. Have you thought about tampering with his face to change his appearance? Perhaps a bionic eye or some scars (Perhaps GS). May de-lysander him :blush:

What was the colour scheme of your chapter again?

I did file off his mohawk, and I plan on giving him so scaring as well. Yes, it is hard to get away from lysander, but it is a awesome model, and it screams Commander how ever he's painted or converted!!!

I know he has that "Give me a hug" look, but to me he looks different at different angles. His color scheme is Yellow legs and black body and arms. Since he is the commander, I was thinking of doing the legs in metallic gold, instead of yellow and alot of the "bling" detail on him will also be metallic gold. I'm not quite sure yet of what I want to do with the cape as far as color and detail work. I would like to do some freehand, but I've never done that on a model before, and I really don't want to screw up the paint job and have to go back over it and re-paint.

not bad at all. a couple of q's:

is he magnetic?

where, for the love of god, where is the Imperial eagle shoulder pad from??? calgar springs to mind but i really don't know.

DM :blush:

BTW there are a couple of mould lines on the rear of the power cables to the LC ;)

No, he isn't magnetic. My other version of him is in power armour w/ LC that I'm still working on.

The Eagle pad is from the old Calgar in power armour model. Did alot of hacking and filing to get it to work. That is alittle bit why the arms look like he is in the "hug" pose. I did some hacking into the plastic LC arm at the wrong angle, and instead of buying another Ter. arm sprue, I just lived with the fact that it's off of the way I origanlly invisioned it to be.

Thanks for spotting the Flash lines, don't know why I missed them! Will get that fixed before painting!

Great conversion, though I think what will really set him apart from lysander would be a paint scheme with a lot of detail work, with simple broad colours like you suggested but with a lot of work to make his armour/stuff look ornate. For example maybe include heraldic elements like checker boards, stylised miniature chapter badges etc.... on knee pads, shields and so on. Alternatively try things like complex script work with those large first letter things (the name escapes me), and as for the cloak, maybe consider a nice border with a corner pattern, if you dont want to try a full freehand design?

That said, one of the things I find most useful is to have a really good look at a load of GW space marine artwork, you'll find a lot of small details that you can use to help your model.

Thanks for the comments! I do plan (or want to) do some ornate work or paint on the armour to give him that Commander "Bling" look, that most commanders have. Adding some feathers or something like that to give the "Warhawk" feel more is also a good idea.

I like the model. I did the same exact thing to one of my MANY Lysander models. Did you use the new Calgar shoulder pad or squeeze the old one on? Either way looks good, although I would have put it on the other side.

I like the pose, reminds me of some of the old Wolverine stalking pics. SNIKT!!!! No overtly aggressive, but you know someone's gonna get their :tu: whipped.

Archived