Ordo Xenos Inquisitor -Advice

JayeL

Hi all, it's been a while (several months) since I painted anything new, but I am now working on an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor. I have greenstuffed some robes for the lower portion of the figure and am going for a mix of power armour and xenos equipment for the rest of the figure (Power armour torso and arms with the back of an eldar guardian in place of the marine backpack) because I am going for a more radical Xenos inquisitor.

The problem is I want him to look like the armour has really bulked him out (kind of like some of the new SM illustrations showing them with small heads compared to their massive armour) and the only head I have managed to find so far which gives the right kind of look is the eldar guardian bare head, any painting suggestions to make it look more human (there are no pointy ears on it so it already lloks somewhere between human and eldar anyhow)? or can anyone suggest another head to use instead?

Thanks for any replies and I promise to post pics when I am finished.

Just paint it in regular flesh colors and you'll be fine. Have you tried Cadian or Catachan heads? If you're not affraid to sculpt on the hair yourself, maybe you can use one of these. I believe they are a tad smaller then regular marines heads, so this might be what you're after.

Thanks fro that Obliterator, I was thinking maybe using the Eldar head but painting on some stubble. What do you think of this?

Stuble always helps to make a character stand out. Good thinking.

Archived