http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/warpedvision/worldeaters005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/warpedvision/worldeaters004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/warpedvision/worldeaters003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/warpedvision/worldeaters007.jpg

C&C most welcome.

Skulls for the... Golden Throne?

Blood for the... Emperor?

Heck yeah!

those are some of the best PH World Eaters I have ever seen! The character of each model is very real and the paint job is excellent. I think they really capture the look and feel of the PH WE's. That sergeant is absolutely amazing! Great job, I can't wait to see some more of your work.

Marshal Veg - The white is GW's spray white primer. I then glaze the entire model in a very thin codex gray, this take several coats. Then I drybrush over the model with skull white using a small make-up brush.

Nephren-ka - The jump packs were made using Bic ballpoint pens( They are the same diameter as GW's current backpacks) I then wraped a very thin piece of plasticard around them and added rivets. Greenstuff was used for the fan turbines. I'll be making some more this weekend and I'll try and do a tutorial for anyone interested.

Wow, realy nice. I'm working on a Pre-heresy World Eaters force myself just now and that's exactly the kind of thing I'm going for, the white is clean(well apart from all that blood and dirt) and even and those jumpacks are great.

I'll have to try your recipe for white to see if I can get a better result and you 'must' post a tutorial on those jumpacks!

Where is the head from the second pic from, or, what did you use to create it. Looks spot on.

Looks like a black templar head with a couple of lines carved into one side and a top-knot pinned on top. It looks that way at least.

Awesome models! :D

Could you let us see the sergeant (the guy without a helmet) from behind? I'd like to see what you did with that leg-mounted combat knife. I've been thinking of doing something like that myself, with the sheathed knifes off the SW sprue - maybe rivet them in place with green stuff.

Also, how did you make his collar?

cheers!

Incredible! Please tell me your'e gonna finish an entire WE army and that these aren't the last of em.

I too would love to see a tutorial on these jetpacks, as they look much better than the archive ones you can get.

Again, absolutely inspiring, Primarch Angron must be proud.

-Lupercal

Very lovely. I love the grittyness about them. The dirty chipped armour and the bloodspatter adds to them a lot.

Amazing stuff. Got any more stuff in the works?

when I saw it really made me go Holy crap...

Haha me too!

Love them Magyar. Simple but expertly done, loads of character. Nice.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments it helps to keep a project going.

@ iron loki - working on a tac squad at the moment and I've got a couple of old rhinos that will be getting some paint soon, plus I'm gonna add a couple more members to this squad.

@ Grey Ghost - It kinda was my intention to have a sorta evil feel to them without actually being evil. Everthing that I've read about the World Eaters (pre-heresy) painted a picture of them as being on the forefront off the heaviest assaults and bloodiest of close combat. I just don't think that you walk out of combat like that with the same pristine white armour that you went in with and I wanted my mini's to convey that aspect.

@ Danius Smithe - If you are talking about the studs on his legs they are made with Elmers wood glue. You take a toothpick and use it to put small dots where ever you want, it makes great rivets.

@ Captain Loken - I am definetly planning on at least 1500 to 2000 points, so no these won't be the last of them. And yeah the archive jump packs are kinda crappy.

@ RRCristensen- the combat nkife is just glued to the legi it really should have had a strap or something sculpted onto the leg. The collar was made with a Bic ballpoint pen. Just cut off desired hiegth and glue it on, after removing the original collar of course.

@ alexious - It's just a normal marine head with the front being sculpted with GS and then adding a top not.

Once again thanks for the encouraging comments and I hope I didn't overlook anybodies question.

Very nicely done Pre-Herest World Eaters. Unlike all the rest when they saw they and said "Holy Crap," My first impression to be honest was, "Is that the captain (or whatever rank Khârn was during the Heresy) version of Khârn O_O?" when I saw the first image ;) Thats with me ignoring the bionic head and thinking of a normal flesh head :(

@ Herald_of_Nurgle - Actually Captain Khârn is what I started out to build. I didn't have another head that I was satisfied with to replace this one, but hey who's to say that Khârn didn't have bionics. I know that he doesn't have them in the chaos codex, but hey he also died at the siege of Terra.

I could use it to represent the psycho surgery that was done to most of the World Eaters.

Anyways thanks for noticing the resemblance to Khârn.

Archived