my chaplian advice on base and other touch ups

Gday mate. I am finding it hard to see any detail in the photo, so I can't really give any constructive criticism. From what I can see the gold/bronze armour looks good, but the rest is a bit dark.

A cityfight base would be a good choice, have him standing resolute amongst the rubble sort of thing. ;)

RoV

Nice miniature, the only crticism I will offer right now is that it seems to be too uniformly dark - there's no focal point on the miniature. Usually on chaplains the skull helmet is the focal point, but yours doesn't draw the eye. I'd recommend you do the skull helmet in bone colours.

As for the base, an urban base does seem to fit the mini - the pose says "I'm here, I dare you to move me".

seems to me that you went a bit overboard with the inks (i could be wrong about that, might just be the picture) i would suggest you go over and highlight the scrolls and metal (silvers) with their original colours, make them stand out a bit more

if i got that wrong just say so, im just going by what i see

but other than that, the gold looks great

and a city fight base would look great

what are the rest of your minetures based like - if you've got a uniform theme continue with it

other wise a cityfight base would look good - a nice bit of razorwire curled in front of him wouldn't be out of place

consider spending a bit more time with the bases for your characters than normal troopers to make them stand out more

i agree looks like its all inked..or the paint isnt covering well in some cases, the problem lies in the fact everything looks the same, it all seems to have that same general tone(if you used the same colour ink on everything this would be why)

as to basing, i like mix a bunch of stuff, sand/rocks, differing sizes, and then some random pieces of rubble/ destruction

Starks

i went a bit harsh on the inks (i did use a combination) they just dont show up w haveell with the camera damm micro setting my but. the idea was genearlly to have him a bit dirty as if he were through a long campaign and hasnt had the time needed to clean and service his armour more than to make a quick battle field repair looking at it now the storm botler needs work and so do his eyes im considereing some city fight rubble having a stream of barbed wire running down the side and maybe a helmet or skull thrown in for good measure ihave most of my others based similar and most of my army looks a bit ashen or black. I dont like the idea of marines being overtly clean or white because it doesnt really fit in with them unless they were on parade, since when has a battlefield been clean. i was originally going to enter him into a contest but ive decided on enternig my librarian considering i have to take an original photo and have some more conversion ideas for him

cheers

aoj

c&c still welcome ideas would be fantastic

Archived