Modeling Challenge- plastic termie librarian

okay, i am buying some termies soon yay!!!!! finally!!!!! and i wanna add a libby, but my budget will not cover another model, so does anyone know a good way to make a libby out of a plastic terminator extra SM and basic hobby stuff?

show me pictures !!! ;)

thanks a bundle!!! :wink:

I'm actually making a Terminator Librarian right now.

Suggestions will depend on how you want to equip him and which of the two Terminator sets you're buying.

At the most basic, the standard Terminators include a Power Sword that you could use as a Force Sword. Instead you could use that hand and put in a spear or axe from another set, wrap some wire around it and have a different Force Weapon.

With the Assault Terminators it's really easy to turn one of the Thunder Hammers into any kind of Force Weapon. They already have the cabling coming out the bottom which is appropriate for a Force Weapon.

For your Psychic Hood, do the Shoulderpad thing with guitar wire down the bottom and sides. If you don't have guitar wire there's some good plastic bits that have cables that would work, for example, Predator Las-sponsons, Defiler Flamers, Chaos vehicle Combi-Flamer. It's common for people to have more of these than they need depending on how they outfit their tanks so ask your friends. You could also use regular wires grouped together or twisted up. If you don't own any hobby wire you can use wires from old electronics or toys.

Greenstuff... some horns on the Crux, or even any skull on the model. Lightning bolts here and there for detail.

If you *do* use the Defiler flamers to get your cables, the fuel supply on that can be made into an ornate scroll case. Many of the longer Flamer fuel supplies will work for this. Cut it off leaving the rounded ends in place. Clean it up smooth. Run your hobby knife down the center cylinder areas only, from ring to skull, skull to ring, leaving the skulls and rounded caps in tact. Carve one side deeper than the other, with a rough edge, turning the cylinder into rolled paper. Paint the rounded caps and bands in gold or silver, the paper as paper, the skulls in gold or silver with leather for the center wraps they're attached to. Hang it below his vents on his backpack.

have been meaning to make a termie librarian myself for some time and you may have inspired me a little more to do it.

my plan was to use the commander Culn model with some appropriate filing and give him a nemesis force weapon however now i may reserve this model to do something else with (grand master of the deathwing maybe) and use the thunger hammeer idea for a force weapon on another model

Here's some pics of my Terminator Librarian. He's still pretty much WIP and I need to add some fine detailing and freehand here and there before I consider him finished.

I'm very much a novice when it comes to green stuff so I've kept it nice and simple and only used 'off the shelf' pieces on it.

med_gallery_16404_560_44048.jpg

med_gallery_16404_560_71514.jpg

punkfish i hate you forr calling that a WIP :) love the blue

after some consideration i have decided to give my libby 2 force weapons(one is just a PW relax everybody)

1 will be white and the other black. I am thinking about the champion sword (i have 2) he will be in a similar pose to the lysander(in the 'dex) art exept runing

thanks for all the input!!!

-Psykochiken

Rymer. How (and from what) did you do the psychic hood if I may ask?

Believe it or not, my Techmarine friend, who's built and painted all my army to date, used a Gundam Pilot's helmet for the Terminator Librarian's Psychic Hood. The book he holds out (as if displaying the Word of the Emperor as he's casting some 'spell') is taken from the Plague Rats sprue ( WFB army ) and has had the plague rat's hand filed off and then the book set into the Power Fist's grip. The Librarian's Power Staff is scratch built from various bits, including lion crests off of WFB knight's helmets and standards, along with eagles from the Commander Box Set Sprue, and two Power Axe shafts.

Anything else I can add? Oh, Fighting Piranna Graphics created the Chapter Symbol to my specific instructions, for a somewhat fair price. They also keep the design on-file so I can oder more as needed.

The Blessings of the Holy Lion of Terra, He who sits upon the Throne of Mankind, be upon thee Frater.

Rymeer

Archived