Cityfight base for wip jump pack chappie.

Long days and pleasant nights brothers, After a good look through the bits box last night Im now in the process of building a jump pack chappie with twin lc's to lead my soon to be posted cityfight templars. After drawing some inspiration from some of the many ideas ive seen on here (nicorex is the man!) Ive started the chappy as I do with all my models - the base. A little plasticard, some c.o.d spares, some razorwire and a few sore fingers later Ive come up with this.

front

close up

top view

Im just not sure if it looks 'cityfight-ish' enough. The position of the post on the base is compensated by the pose of the chap-ie landing on left foot. Should I change anything before I prime? It just looks a mite too sparse. Any c&c would be greatly appreciated. Ill start cleaning the parts for the chap this evening. Pics to follow. Many thanks.

Can you post a pic with the chaplin blue tac'd in place? is he going to be on the ground or on the post?

The base looks great so far, and probably isn't too sparse, as long as you paint it cityfight color's it will be urban enough.

Thank's for the expedient replies people, The Chap is still in bitz form at the moment so this is the best I can do for now.

twinkle toes

a little closer

Ive got all of the bitz laid out on the desk awaiting cleaning/repositioning/gs'ing etc and Ive got a free evening tonight so progress should be fairly quick. The general idea is to have the chap coming in to land on the post, in a sinister "pleased to meet you" sort of pose. I'll post pics as I progress as it's quite hard to describe the mental picture I have :blush: . Many thank's.

Try to pin him some other way. Through the side of his knee, a cape, a long purity seal floating behind him, something like that. By connecting his foot to the ground the illusion of flight is broken and it looks like he's playing jump around pretending to be SuperChaplain.

Try to pin him some other way. Through the side of his knee, a cape, a long purity seal floating behind him, something like that. By connecting his foot to the ground the illusion of flight is broken and it looks like he's playing jump around pretending to be SuperChaplain.

Exactly what I was going to say. I'd go for the knee or lower leg.

Im guessing its plasticard you used for the base?

Very nicely done, but if you are going to pin through the side of the knee or lower leg i'd suggest adjusting the foot that blu-tacked at the moment so it doesn't look hes standing one something in mid air B)

Are the pieces of pillar from the cities of death sprues? :tu:

Hello again and thank's for the comments. After taking Q and oblit's advice on the pinning location I modded the base slightly so the pin will be in the jump pack - connected to the upright strut instead of the foot on the post.The razorwire needs finishing as does the edge of the base.

from the front

and a close up

top view - a little blurry

It is indeed plasticard TheHalifax, Ive heard that some manufacturers sell plasticard in ready tiled form but im a skinflint so I made my own :tu: . The depression in the base will be filled with brown tinted water effects, so it should break things up a little. Thanks again for the comments C&C greatly appreciated.

you could put his other foot on the pilar (angled slightly). if you leaned it correctly you could make it look like he's taking off/jumping forwards to get into the fray, like all good chaplins should be.

I mean like he's just jumped of the ground and is pushing off the pillar in mid flight (redirecting himself)

like when they jump off the walls in kung fu movies like the matrix

Archived