Completed Another Tactical Squad

BLZBOB

Okay well then I have just as in this past hour completed the Fifth Squad of the 2nd Battle Companies of the UMs, This means I have only to paint four more marines to bolster the Third squad to full strength and I will have the full 100 battle brother complement.

In creating this squad I have tried out some new techniques, my new four stage blue highlight which improves over the three I have been using, Some greenstuffing and revisiting my freehand for the banner (Only the border though I will admit to using decals for the symbols) and a smattering of NMM on the odd bit here and there. Altohugh most of that cant be seen from this pick the missiles are painted using a version of this technique as are the banner tops. I shall take more piccies if anyone is interested as I do have a few little conversions in the unit all simple ones though just enough to give them a little flavour.

So without further ado I provide you with a linky to the page in question. As always comments and critiscism are welcome. My thanks in advance.

i have to say mixing NMM with actual metal doesnt work too well, it just looks yellow, but thats not that abd as yellow is common on ultras

look pretty solid for table top minis, i cant see the red well enough to comment, but it looks like more contrast may be needed there(might just be camera washign away red like it always does..)

maybe brighten the gold rims up a bit with some mithril silver(if its gold and you want that look)

Starks

A nice and clean paintjob. That makes any miniature look better. And mixing NMM and normal metals doesn't work always. I don't know where you used decals (good). Only the banner in the back has some folds on the Ultramarines U but that could be the banners form and not a decal problem.

The only little thing is that you could change are the bars or serifs (your choice) on top and below the roman numbers. At the moment the numbers loook like v's.

Archived