Home-made A-cannon

anyone know how to give plastic termies extra A-cannons from bitz and for little money? Easy is apreciated show me pics!!! :lol:

thanks!!!

1 cut two hexigonal pieces of flat plastic, drill holles approx 1/16" (size of a headphone jack), off spaced from the egdges of the hexigons, drill one hole dead center of each hexigon. Now take some empty useless cheap pens (you know the kind) cut the inner penworks into Seven segments, cut the pen cap on the back so that it's now an open tube. Glue the segments into the scrap plastic, glue the pencap to the bottom segment. shave off the stormbolter/heavy flamer, and glue the assembled hexigonal system to the firing port. there the cheapest easiest AC ever built.

so a post round here the other day for a master crafted assault cannon, that might help, can't seem to find it myself now though! sorry

Or you could use the redundant heavy flamer, cut the flamer section away from the arm and trigger mechanism and use plastic card rods and plastic card strips attached to the bits left on the arm to mimic the current one

(1)Order a Tornado Land Speeded assault cannon bit.

(2) Get the Heavy Flamer from the termi sprue

(3) Cut the barrels off of the tornado assault cannon

(4) Cut the flamer at the base of the three tubes leading to the nozzle

(4) Pin the barrels to the remaining heavy flamer

(5) GS the cracks and add whatever details you like.

EH

This is my attempt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/Pea_666/Warhammer%2040k/Other/AssaultCannons2.jpg

The arm is the heavy flamer one with most of the flamer-y bits removed and a Land Speeder Tornado (?) assault cannon attached. The ammo box is from the Imperial Guard Hellhound. I think it's called the 'Fuel Hose' or maybe pump, not sure on that one.

Hope it helps!

There are glass beads you can get that are about 5 - 6 millimeters long, you can superglue 3 of these together and then superglue it to a heavy flamer base (I assume your talking about your terminator)

You can also get 6 dark eldar guns and simply cut off the blades. These wont be very accurate looking, but the first one is very imposing on the 'field. Hell, the gun is almost as tall as the marine :rolleyes:

(I'll post a pic of it when he's painted better..)

Or you could scavenge Ebay and buy a plastic one rather cheap actually. There are lots of sellers seling bits out there. I dont know if you are allowed to recomend anyone special but search for 40K assault cannon and ebay and I bet you get at least one good hit.

I bought 2 from the same guy at a really good price along with a few combi plasma and combimelta bits. A bundle of powerfists and the shipping cost from USA to sweden was acceptable so I didn't even hesitate.

There are guys all over the world selling bits for a living so why not support them.

They are afterall the best resource we have when after those special bits and not wanting to spend a fortune on extra sprues. :lol:

Archived