FW Red Scorpions shoulder pads

Hello,

this may seem like a silly question, but are the FW Red Scorpions shoulder pads to scale? I got burned on the GW sculpted shoulder pad scheme. You'd think they'd mention that their product is not to scale with the current range of miniatures ... :D Complete waste of money. :angry: I guess I might pay those outrageous FW prices (GW

I assume you're talking about the older metal chapter/legion specific pads on which you were 'burned'. I make my Black Legion metals work with a little plastic card and GS just fine, but I know what you're talking about. But to answer your question, yes, the FW pads are all designed for the current plastic GW range.

I bought 2 sets of 5 metal ultramarine shoulderpads from GW a few months back and used them on modern plastic marines. I did not notice any size problems. Well, to be specific, I used them on plastic assault marines. I don't know if thier arms are any larger or smaller than tactical marines.

Are you sure you bought the correct Pads?? Ie if you bought the Terminator Pads then there is no way they are going to look right on a normal marine. did you get 5 sets in a pack or 10?? if you only got 5 then you have the termy pads and you will either need to send them back or buy some terminators for them.

Just a thought

Tastrel

In my experience, metal shoulderpads are somewhat smaller, but not too bad. They are about the trim of a pad shorter than plastic ones, which I solve by either making the plstic pad smaller (by cutting off the botton trim and adding a gs or plasticard trim) or by cutting the trim off the metal one and adding a plastic trim underneath.

Works like a charm... :unsure:

Archived