Mutated Hull

Okay, yesterday I got myself a Chaos Predator for my Word Bearers. I want to convert it to have the Mutated Hull upgrade. The problem is, I can't figure out how to do it. I've got plenty of ideas, but they all seem to overlap with daemonic possession/parasitic possession. I've done a search and can't find any topics on it.

So, how have you represented mutated hull?

Right,

Parasitic possession: The only thing here holding the vechicle together is the daemon, it would look as if it could fall apart at any moment.

Daemonic possession: A daemon has taken control of the vechicle and must be bound to it, terefore all hatches would be covered in sigils and chained shut with runic chain.

Mutated hull: The vechicle is not neccessarily possessed, yet the hull constantly changes, moves and writhes with a life of its own. Try looking at the "flesh" bonding the armour of the new deathguard models and try replicating it on a larger scale on the panels of your chosen vechicle.

I've been planing to do a mutated hull on my chaos pred for a while now and the idea I came up with was to use the heads from the chaos mutations spru. Cutting them in half and gluing them to the hull, then melding them together with GS. Warning: this is proving to be a huge amount of work (:blush: me after a few hours of doing this) and getting enough heads is proving to be a problem.

With Mutated hull, all it is, it spike coming out the front & other stuff like bullet holes.

Here a exsample, this photo by Vyrus from this site, during the UK GT heat 3 2004

http://www.pbase.com/vyrus/image/37147181

Just simple add cock-tail sticks, green stuff around it & have like crack armour. Or rememeber you get the plate with spikes, on the Chaos spure.

The other op is to have a Crusifed Space Marine.

Hope this helps

IP

I think you could represent mutated hull just by addign tons of extra armor plating on it, to represent the upgrade of armor values on the vehicle. the hull being mutated is not the only way a vehicle could increaese the strength of its armor.

I quite like the idea of having fleshy areas on the hull, i think that mixed with the idea of spikes, limbs and other random appendages would be quite cool for mutated hull as the way i see it is that the power of chaos has caused the vehicle to mutate in the same way that that it causes a creature to become a spawn. :D

Thinking of this has reminded me of the old nurgle deathguard predator :D

Instead of chains how about some GS around the doors joints to represent welding? Easy to do and a basic metal coat with a vermin brown wash or orange/chesnut ink to represent a bit of rust.

:rolleyes:

I represent mutated hull with blobby growths of putty, with cocktail stick ends pushed in (for a quick job) painted up to look like sore flesh with horn poking out. Some of my bigger pieces have rotten flesh in place of hull components.

For daemonic possession, I sculpt faces into the hull plates.

Archived