From Old IW to new IW.

Prot

Well you guys are very kind in your praise. I enjoy painting both and although I have a really long histor with IW, I would be lieing if I didn't admit some fondness (even if it can be a frustrating relationship) with my Black Templar.

When I go back and look at 'better' examples like my Emperor's Champion:

http://prot.homestead.com/files/Templar/Korvinus_in_Ruins.jpg

I really think these guys DO look better than my IW. It's not for lack of effort on the part of my IW's, I just know how most people judge 'weathering' compared to tight, controlled line work.

Right now, I switched gears and am working on the Forgeworld Black Templar Venerable Dread. I figure since CoD is out, it'll be the only time he's of any use so I better finish him. :blink:

I'll try to post more results as they come. I have 3 brand new Oblits (bringing my overall total to 12!) assembled and they are about 1/3 through the painting stage. I hope to have those up for you guys to check out as well (not sure what to do about the skin yet).

I agree two very different areas of painting. Like you say much more control is required in the BT's. Although it takes practise the 'rough' look of the IW is a fairly easy thing to do and they are a fairly easy army to paint - easier than my 8 stage Tyranids. BT's are alos a 'prettier' army. I always find the idea with Iw is to make them look old & crusty, BT's are cleaner crisper with lots of intricate detailing and highlighting, black done well is the sign of a good painter/modeller, your BT's pull it off very nicely.

:)

Archived