DIY chapter WIP

Colour scheme

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/GrahamGrief/marines/Blood%20claws%20DIY%20Chapter/BCcolourscheme.jpg

Its almost identical to flesh tearers. Black and red = cool.

chaplain

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/GrahamGrief/marines/Blood%20claws%20DIY%20Chapter/chaplainwipfront1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/GrahamGrief/marines/Blood%20claws%20DIY%20Chapter/chaplainwipback1.jpg

scouts

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/GrahamGrief/marines/Blood%20claws%20DIY%20Chapter/scoutswipfront.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/GrahamGrief/marines/Blood%20claws%20DIY%20Chapter/scoutswipback.jpg

The blood claws are recruited from a feral tribe on a night planet called (insert slightly ominouse planet name here) and they have the blood angels gene seed. They all have claws that were given to them when they are children to protect them from the beasts that roam their world. They are head takers and hold their chaplains in high regard as the chaplains used to be the tribes shamen. Due to there feral and questionable behavior in battle towards their freinds and foes skulls and rumours of blood drinking and cannabalism they are under the observation of the inquisition and have an inquisitor called (insert inquisitor name here) with them at all times.

Nonetheless some excellent converting. You've got a good concept and it could develop into a very flavorful army. Out of curiosity where is the chaplians backpack from?

-Your Randomly Numbered Psychotic Friend

the chappies back pack is an old metal cyclone missile launcher from the last lot of metal termies.

i like the models in general but the pose on the chaplain just looks odd and a little limp to me, the marine biker legs just dont really seem to work and make it look as dynamic as it could be

cheers

millest

The chaplain is posed to be slowly drifting through the battlefield looking for heretics to smite :( . I think it would be really unerving to see a chaplain slowly drifting towards you through the chaos of battle, kind of like impending doom. Its a thing ive noticed in war films that the coolest characters are the seasons vets who are phased by nothing and just walk through the explosions and gunfire towards the enemy, thats the look I was going for. As for the name how about blood talons?

i think that blood talons is a better name, and will avoid confusion.

the only other thing i can think of is that some people might say "but those are lightning claws" and make you argure with them alot to explain that they arnt...

To be honest, the options say close combat weapon - not chainsword, so they can't argue.

and the lightning claws are obvious because they are more substantial.

I like them.

Funny - I was going to suggest blood talons as well!

Black and red = cool.

Indeed.

Mostly echoing the other Brothers. Your background is cool and fun. Name change is good. Blood Talons doesn't quite do it for me, but I can't come up with anything better right now :tu: Certainly better than Blood Claws of course. :tu: Be sure to paint up the Lightning Claws differently as well. The implants could be steel looking and the LC's bright and electric. It's just a nice consideration to think about how a complete stranger needs to interpret your Marines.

Love the concept and the scouts. I do not like the static position of the Chappie, but I understand if you have a fluff reason why you would want to keep it despite other's views.

I like the fluff concept of the army overall.

In terms of names how about Ravening Claws? I like Blood Talons better than Blood Claws. But Blood Talons sounds more Chaosy.

Your GS work looks pretty solid, I like it. Is it possible to get a closer look at the chappy's mace, It looks as though the top is drooping (might just be me though) I like the new name, and I agree that once you have the LC's and CCW's painted there will be an obvious difference. The only question i have is about the type of paint you've used on the test model? it looks really shiny. Keep us posted with lots of pics.

I like the conversions quite a bit.

As you seem good with GS, have you considered some sort of air intake for the Chappy's Jump Pack?

I love the use of the old CML, but I think it would add just a touch more realism.

Archived