Mixing a Bleached Bone Equivalent?

Ok, so I am interested in painting up a Dark Angels test mini, but I do not have Bleached Bone paint for the chest eagles. What combinations/mix of colors would you use to get a similar color? I

:tu:

* whistles *

Now there's a paint mixing challenge!

As for the Bleached Bone, considering the colors you've got, I'd go for a mix of Snakebite Leather and Skull White. Maybe add a dab of Golden Yellow as well to get rid of the chalky look you get when using Skull White for highlighting...

The green will be a bit harder. You can start by basecoating DA Green, and then mix in Camo Green until you reach pure Camo Green. For a final highlight add a bit of Skull White to the Camo Green.

I never said this would be easy! :P

Interesting, camo green to highlight the DA? I ruled that option out right away. However, it is a test mini, so why not give it a shot? I was thinking about a DA green/Bad moon yellow mix for highlights, but I havent mixed it up yet to see what it looks like.

Anyone else willing to take the challenge?

Thanks,

Xikan

There used to be a chart that had the ratios of all colurs in the GW range, made using only red, yellow and blue (possibly back and white aswell).

I never quite believed it myself, but I suppose it's theoretically possible. You'd have to trawl through the cmon messageboard, I'm not sure what the search term would be, maybe ask over there if anyone remembers it.

Ok, that chart is everything I was looking for an more! Good news is I have Sunburst Yellow, Blood Red, and Enchanted blue! Now I can mix up some snot green and bleached bone! :P

Thanks so much guys!

For what it's worth, the "Bone" on this mini is just Snakebite and White:

http://webpages.charter.net/grothauser/images/figs/2weaponsb.jpg

Same on this guy's tabbard:

http://webpages.charter.net/grothauser/images/figs/Osric2.jpg

Archived