Is this too sick?

I just scared myself, started making my nurgle demon princes base for medusa v and i got a bit carried away.

Anyway let me know what you think so far also it's my first real go at proper sculpting with green stuff so please comment, the tongue and neck of the demon prince which are sculpted as well as the spots on his face.

Also the green stuff on the base will be covered with a small slate (from the urban basing kit) and sand mix and any areas over the edge will be sanded off the green stuff is purly to give the base some depth and height.

And by the way the story behind the guards man is that he got cut in half by the demon prince and then shot himself in the head as opposed to let a filthy demon kill him .

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

It's very detailed, but I'd hardly call it "carried away". Nice quality in your work, Sgt. Hudson. Definitely 'game over' for that Guardsman.

good use for the spare giant head, its not sick, its just realism, people dont just die with a little bullet hole in their chest, this is 40k, they get ripped in half, arms get torn off not cut off, skulls dont get fractured, they get smashed, its why we all love it :P B)

He certainly looks nasty, in a good way.

Regarding his base, will you use pva glue +flock on top of the GS or will you paint over it?

The reason I ask is that the fingerprints stand out. :D

You truly were channeling Nurgle when you sculpted and painted that piece! :blush: I like the burst and oozing eyeball, that is a nice touch! The base is a story all by itself and I love it. Great job! As for the plastic-y look of the skin, that'll probably be remedied when you spray coat it. Keep up the good work.

Add a wash of purple to the skin; it'll make it look much mroe gross and less plastic. :blink:

Good work by the way; very dark, desperate, and 40k. (and if you want gruesome, read the critical hit tables in Warhammer Fantasy RPG by green ronin... )

Archived