Dreadnoughts, Armour and Sizes

Posting this because i thought it was neat...

ok so the size differenc in the pictrues below is actually an illusion as ALL dreadnoughts are the same size, i even took the parts and measured them against each other and they were the same

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/HPIM0828.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/HPIM0829.jpg

anso the point im trying to get across is this: you dont need to ACTUALLY make the dreadnought bigger to have it "look" bigger

all i did to the middle one was add the chest plates, the blue one has the plates but has a pose, and the FW one is just plain, but it has curved nurgle edges and they make it look smaller(harder to tell in picture but it looks tiny sometimes)

*****and so the thread has a purpose other than just "hey loook neat illusion" im wondering how i can armour up the dreadnoughts legs a bit more, while they look like theyd still be able to move...i cant think of where to add plates

NOTE this is for both marine dreadnoughts, the nurgle one isnt mine :blush:

Starks

For the legs, you could make up skirt armor. Have the plates attached and hndged at the waist, hanging down over the legs. When the dread walks, it bumps the plates up and out of the.

See Dream Pod 9's home page the King Cobra right above WORLDS

you know i think i like that idea, the waist part of the armour looks like a weak point, would the same general concept apply to the rear you think? i was looking through some pictures on the link but all seem to be from the front!

i really like that idea though, sweet! have to paint a bit first then attach them

thanks!~

Starks

Ave, fraters. You know, starks, you could do something like the Roman legions did... like the leather-straps-loincloth in the commander sprue, but studded with metal plates... perhaps a painting opportunity, have each one as a different battle honor? Besides, it wouldn't be too hard to model, just a solid row of GS strips, then squares of GS along their length.

My 2 cents.

Imperator intemporaliter persevero.

Flintlock

Archived