Older Mk's of Termi Armour

ImRuined

I've just picked up 5 Termi Torso's good and cheap on EBay... I was thinking of creating some early forms of Termi Armour based on the images on http://www.tearsofenvy.com/termi-nation/armour_home.htm...

I particularly like the Pre-Heresy suit there and was thinking of using the legs from a WH Chaos Knight, with some filing and green-stuffing of the boots, possibly even leave them there and just stud them or something, as if they had been reinforced... Khorne Berserker arms & cut down Marine pauldrons beneath spiky Ork shoulder plates for the Pre-Heresy pauldrons & arms... Head will either be a trimmed down Chaos Marine helmet (the one with the knight-like face) or one of the WH Chaos Knight helms... Was going to shave down the detail on the Termi chest piece and do green-stuff thunderbolts instead...

The other idea I had, was to use regular Marine legs and add the Termi armour tubing with green-stuff... Probably use Mk VII heads, and cut-down standard Termi heads into the more 'pug faced' look of the eariler models... Regular marine arms (again with GS tubing) and regular Marine pauldrons... If you compare the earlier Mk's (even the Mk3a & Mk3b) Termi armour images, their dimensions are alot closer to regular marines for their limbs and so, was thinking it would not look too out of place... The MkII Termi armour has in essence, a Mk VII helm prototype...

I was wanting to make a squad of 5 older Mk Termi armoured marines as a form of Honour Gaurd for my Termi Chaplain, with the Pre-Heresy suit being given to the Sergeant in recognition of rank and service (that, and it would look less outta place carring a Power Sword instead of a Power Fist :ph34r: )...

Just wondering what people thought of this, and if anyone was aware of similar conversions they might be able to direct me to for some ideas on how to best make them happen?

honestly i would look in cool mini's for other peoples work as well as other non gw sources for heavy armour ( as they inspired gw on terminator armour in the first place ).

i'm currently doin mine to look like custodians gone bad...rather than using high elf bitz, im using lizardmen and dark elf bitz...lots of green stuff to represent reptile skin in place of fur and leather. Lots of chainmail...

Here's some real life pictures of the different forms of Terminator Armour. I looked at the site you linked to and couldn't help but notice the drawings were off and some of the provided fluff appeared to be not backed up by any official sources.

As it is, the suit depicted there as the first, only came into being through the artists working on the HH CCG and it clearly falls outside of the evolution of the rest of the suits. That

Chaos Knights are metal and one piece models. Get a plastic Chaos Warrior box, you get lots of Chaos Knight type heads and they're plastic; much easier to trim and fit into a terminator armour body.

A few years back, I picked up the SM megaforce that contained a 5-man assault squad. As I had decided to play sallies I had little use forthe and set them aside in favour of the more fluffy things the box contained. After everything else was painted and I had a respectable force, I though that some terminators would be a welcome addition.

This, however, was before the new terminators release and the older models were not to my fancy. Enter the assault squad. In short, through a cannibalistic treatment of the jump-packs I created souped up back-packs, leg armour and shoulder-pads. Then, I cannibalized a lizardmen saurus sprue to add spiky shields to their backs and such as well as baroque, cruel-looking weapons. Eventually, these models would be completed with bits from the new box.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Archived