Inquisitor Lukas Qin

Honda

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/hkowabunga/Inquisition/resized22b.jpg

The story behind the figure:

Inquisitor Lukas Qin, also known as

wow, the robes on your inquisitor look excellent, and i also like how you did the head, theinquisitor's shoulder pad looks a bit rought though, like the black was painted over metal and missed a few spots? anyway over all i really like 'em, really nice :o

The model is looking good, but perhaps a bit plain. I'm sure its inquisitor-ness could be boosted with some more fancy stuff.

Besides that, I'm going to be a bit nit-picky and point out that puritanism is not a faction, but that the "puritan" factions are usually considered to be Monodominantism, Thorianism, and Amalathianism, and that an Inquisitor would not call himself "Puritan" or "Radical" but rather identify himself by the above factions.

ET vox home? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist :o ... A great mini though, and I love the idea about the psychic hood. That green pus drippling from the head looks ace B) .

Wow! Thanx for the feedback.

@Grey Knight: I'm glad you like the robes, they actually look "softer" in real life (I know, I say that a lot, need to get better with the camera). I didn't notice the shoulder pad until you mentioned it and you are right, it does look rough. It is the Cadian shoulder pad though, so plastic, but the base coat must have gotten a little fuzzy.

@LordXaras: The "plainess" that you mention was intentional. My idea for the character was to create someone who personally was "understated" visually, but because of his inner toughness has an aura of "don't mess with me". So, he looks intentionally "soft" (e.g. pastel silk robes), but because of all his accessories (carrying around the head of a recent opponent), you "should" be left with an impression that there is an understated power to him. Underestimating his capabilities would not be considered a career enhancing move.

I understand that may not be your impression of what an inquisitor should be, I was just striving to do something on the other side of the spectrum from someone like Coteaz.

As to the different inquisitorial disciplines, I will freely express my ignorance on the matter. I was using the DH codex as my source material and the first couple of pages only describe Puritans and Radicals. If I was going to further develop his personality, I am assuming that the Inquisitor rule book would answer those questions?

@Joker: Thanx and I find that having a story to tie the figure to helps me crystallize my vision. Locally, we're talking about kicking off something called Inquisitor Wars towards the tail end of Medusa and so I wanted a figure that had some life to him for that exercise.

@Obliterator: The psychic hood idea came about when I was struggling to come up with a modeling solution. The figure itself didn't really lend itself to adding a SM shoulder pad solution and other things I tried just weren't cutting it, so then I got the idea that, well, it could be separate and that led to the idea of using the head of a psyker because Qin is not psychic. Besides, it seemed like a simple way to say, "I am this bad". :o

Thanx guys!

If I was going to further develop his personality, I am assuming that the Inquisitor rule book would answer those questions?

Yes, I'm quite sure it would. There is a lot of useful stuff in there, and its free to download :wink:

You might also want to check out the Thorian sourcebook, which has a lot of in-depth information not only on the Thorian faction, but on the Inquisition as a whole.

@lotsa_terminators: Sorry about the delayed reply, I didn't realize this topic had moved from the general forum.

His finger is green because I was attempting to model the digital weapon upgrade...seemed like the kind of nasty trick a non-demon hammer wielding inquisitor might keep up his sleeve. It's a little more obvious that his finger is metal in some of the side shots.

Archived