Word Bearers Chaos Lord

Hi,

I have finished converting up my Word Bearer Lord (D. Stature, D. Speed & D. Venom FYI)

http://www.shrewsgod.btinternet.co.uk/images/Word_Bearer_Lord_WIP/Montage_DP.jpg

and I am after some C&C.

Cheers....

Its a nice start however i dont think the ogre models are a good choice because it makes the DP look a bit stupid if you know what i mean. By stupid i mean IQ 20 not looking silly.

Im loving the GS six pack though! But i still maintain he needs some more cloths. :lol:

NT

The DP looks great, and I like the originality (you can only base so many DP's on thefull 40k DP), the range of motion, and bits are great too! The torso loooks a little squat to me though, any way you can add in some more mid-section? I do think a big set of horns or two would help the model, and maybe a hand weapon in the left hand. Keep up the great work and keep posting the WIP pics. :lol:

Well done on the model, im liking the use of the Ogre parts, so extra points for creativity :P.

The only aspect i feel that model falls a bit short is mainly in the area of the torso. For me, it feels a bit short, especially given the size of the upper torso and the legs. Other than that, with some more basic detailing work i think you have yourself a very nice mini there :).

Awesome. Genius idea, it's amazing to see a non-standard daemon prince. The only thing it's lacking right now (as pointed out already) is fine details; details which make it more chaos-like (in the upper part) and details which make it specifically "word bearers".

Great Job.

im having problems with the lower half looking so tiny with his upper body

i also think maybe adding some more armour to him would look nice, also definetly something to make him look more daemonlike rather than a mutated human/ogre

Starks

Now that is a brute at the moment nothing screams eek Word Bearers but instead of say chaining books to him and making him look like an overdedicated librarian why not (because he a big tough demon) pin individual pages to his torso with the spells/litanies writtem in demon blood, and by pin I mean BIG spikes etc etc.

Thanks for the responses - definately considering giving him a horm.... and i like the idea of adding a book, anybody got any ideas on a suitable 'bit'?

he looks great, im just wondering what he is equiped with, my WYSIWYG radar is wondering

He's armed with Daemonic Venom (counts as 2 CCW & always wound on 4+), so when i have painted it will be a bit more obvious.

Now that is a brute at the moment nothing screams eek Word Bearers but instead of say chaining books to him and making him look like an overdedicated librarian why not (because he a big tough demon) pin individual pages to his torso with the spells/litanies writtem in demon blood, and by pin I mean BIG spikes etc etc.

oooh or has anyone read Clive Barker's "Books of Blood" since he looks to have a lot of bare flesh, "tatoo it"

Veeery nice DP. :)

You could always consider bulking him up by adding shoulderpads. It's a bit hard to tell his size without knowing the model but the Chaos DP pads or modified Obliterator pads might work.

Also, I was wondering where the right hand comes from? is it from the original Ogre model? (haven't seen that one before)

Edit: on second thought, isn't that the hand off the mutation sprue?

I've not looked too close at it yet (as I don't use possessed :blink:)

Archived