Q not O

-Q-

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. Which is funny because I've racked up over a thousand posts and have been here since the EZBoard days. <_< So... I'm Q. Just Q, no need for the dashes, the software made me do that :)

I love Space Marines. In a creepy but non-sexual way that I'm sure many of you share. The thought of Space Marines makes me happy.

I respect your painting and modeling efforts on an emotional level. My "great jobs" are honest. My criticisms are never meant to belittle the creativity and work you've had the bravery to share with us.

I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I'm just as critical of my friends as I am of my enemies. Some of the higher profile folks here like Boltman and Bushido have both seen this first hand. I love and respect them but I call the fouls when I see them. I'm sure that will be tempered to an extent because of how Moderators are perceived.

I will try not to post in such a way that makes anyone feel my opinions are more important than theirs because I am Moderator. They are more important because I am right ;)

I am sarcastic.

I make mistakes, I get carried away. I apologize. Please accept my apologies if the time comes that I offer one to you. =) I think I am honest and fair. If you don't agree, PM me. I don't ever want to do anything that makes one feel uncomfortable here.

The Bolter and Chainsword has been an important part of my life for a long time. I would consider many of you my friends and I *genuinely* enjoy your excitement about your latest projects. The only and very specific reason I accepted the offer to join the ranks of Moderators is to do my part to give back to this community and those that sacrifice to run it. It's nice to have that opportunity. I do not want to impose my will on any member. I do not want anyone to impress me. I derive no sense of power from internet arguments. I will be happiest if I can fulfill my Moderator requirements without any of you ever noticing that I'm a Moderator :cuss

We have talent from beginner painters and converters all the way to Slayer Sword Winners here. You probably fall somewhere in between ;). Your pictures, questions, and comments are welcomed here, please don't ever be afraid to post anything.

;) Please don't post "you'd better edit that post before a mod melta's that". Instead post "welcome to the BnC", click the "Report" button, or move along.

Migsula is my favorite. ;) You will have to come to terms with that, I have.

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.:)

Congrats on the new job. may your vigilance never fail you and your meltagun never cool down.

Please don't post "you'd better edit that post before a mod melta's that". Instead post "welcome to the BnC", click the "Report" button, or move along.

No can do :cuss. It is a fun part of the B&C culture if done without malice, and it is even part of the Rules.

And as good Frater we have Read the Rules, we Know the Rules, we have become the Rules <_<

Additionally, the Bolter & Chainsword promotes self-policing as much as possible. Anyone can identify a violation of board rules, even a Frater Domus. Friendly notifications are encouraged (posting in-thread that something is a violation, or by sending a friendly PM or e-mail). Members can also use the

What is "EZboard"? <_<

B&C, a loooong time ago, was using EZboard, not Invision boards (scroll down each page, you'll find the link down there)...

It means that B&C was already there before August 2002... :cuss

Congrats Q, by the way !!

The Def'

No can do :). It is a fun part of the B&C culture if done without malice, and it is even part of the Rules.

And as good Frater we have Read the Rules, we Know the Rules, we have become the Rules :cuss

Additionally, the Bolter & Chainsword promotes self-policing as much as possible. Anyone can identify a violation of board rules, even a Frater Domus. Friendly notifications are encouraged (posting in-thread that something is a violation, or by sending a friendly PM or e-mail). Members can also use the

Even i remember when the B&C was on EZ and boy was that some fun right there.

I like Q's lil entry thread and i MAY do one myself, or semi hijack his thread <_<. I know for myself and i assume its the same for Q our promotion to PC&A mods did come at a big surprise, id say despite it, we are still the same ole folks that we were a few days ago.

Q has already listed alot of things i would say, so i can only sit here and be in full agreement with him. All we can do is just encourage everyone to paint to the best of their ability and over time grow and learn new techniques.

Like everything else in the B&C, the PC&A will always be run as a full on team effort with everyones contribution. We are all here to get new ideas and share our own and neither my new "overlord" postion or Q's (or Jokers, Scuz etc etc) will hinder that.

All we say is enjoy yourself, the hobby itself has so many areas of interest and we just want to encourage y'all to branch out and live them all out. :cuss

Great job -O- I'm looking forward to seeing good things come of it.

Or do you prefer -Oh- ???

-OMG

You'd better edit that before a... errr.. nevermind. <_<

Ha!

-t14

EDIT: I'll Stop now.. my chuckle muscles are strained... Reporting for pain Glove Therapy.

Sounds fishy.

Might ruin the conversions!! Gum them all up!

Agreed! :ph34r:

100 unpainted marines can't be wrong (I'll start painting in September, maybe October... Honest)

Sounds fishy.

Might ruin the conversions!! Gum them all up!

Agreed! :lol:

100 unpainted marines can't be wrong (I'll start painting in September, maybe October... Honest)

In light of my promotion...

*gently bops Templar over the head with the butt of a bolt pistol*

How about tomorrow? :ph34r: :lol:

Congrats Q and Angelus i've been on this forum for a while not ages but not like for a week and i've wanted to thank both of u for contributing lots of stuff, i know i'm only a frater but thanks to both of you and happy meltaing, jsut a quick question do all mods get the holy mackerel(sp?) or only certain ones/only kurgan?

~EzEkiEl

In light of my promotion...

*gently bops Templar over the head with the butt of a bolt pistol*

How about tomorrow? :P :P

Uh-oh. He's got a taste for the club already..... Stand Clear! ;)

Heh and only now do i know how good it feels :). So chop chop lads, 3K pts worth of any army from each of you, due next week on my table!! ;)

Archived