Having some trouble with colourschemes.

Hey guys, recently ive dug out my marines deciding that they needed some paint on them, and ive decided that i would like to kick off some commisions while im at it, so i thought 'why dont i make a display army to show clients'? So i was thinking about colour schemes and tried my favorite Salamanders, but they came out to dark for me, so ive come to you needing you help.

I have some things i need to follow here:

I have an airbrush so laying down base colours is easy as, what ever they are.

I can work over a white or black undercoat.

They cant be Impy Fists or Ultras. (Some locals already have them)

They must be Codex:Space Marines

They need to be a commonly known chapter.

They cant be Codex grey (i dont have any)

Once ive layed down the basecoat they should be easy to highlight simply.

Too much? Yeah ok ive got alot of stuff i need to cover :ph34r:

Sean

Just an idea but why not raptors? they have an excellent scheme imho and they have some cool fluff and are fairly well known, also don't see many raptors armies and it'd be cool to see one, also with an airbrush I think you can get some solid effects with shading and stuff with them which'll make em look ace

if that's not your style what about any of the other codex chapters like Dark angels, black templars, bloodangels and wolves?

~EzEkiEl

As i mentioned they have to be Codex Space Marines, so i can stict to vanilla, and i dont have any DA Green :lol:

What colour are raptors? I think if they are Catachan Green im already using it on another companies army :ph34r: :lol:

ahh my bad about the othe codecies, I used catachan green to paint my one raptor model [sorry no pics :lol: ]

and I added a bit of graveyard for the highlights then some kommando when it got lighter, i found it was a bit to brown though but whatever works I guess

post some pictures when you get a test mini done

~EzEkiEl

:), D-a-m-n..... those Raptors look niiice.... ill need to fork out for some catachan green though... something i dont want to fork out $10 bucks for at the moment... (id have to ship it here.... our LGS shut down)

But last night i was laying in bed flicking through the Codex.. and i saw the Blood Ravens picture and i thought... what the hell why didnt i think of these guys earlier? Everybody knows of them, and over a white undercoat they should be easy as to airbrush red gore.

Question though is red easy to highlight? And with the GW paints is it Scab Red, Red Gore, then Blood red? I know my pots are buried around here somewhere.....

Thanks All

Sean

Q thanks for posting that link, I lost it when my compy died

and I find reaper master series have nicer reds then gwif you want a warm or cold red

I use scab red, blood red and then Fire red and Phoenix red(phoenix is orange) from reaper for a warmer red

but I have no experience with colder reds(like shading with purple) bu yeah they'd look really nice with airbrush

~EzEkiEl

Archived