Table Idea

Well, I was peruzing (haha, totally mispelled that) through a White Dwarf, not sure which one, when I came across an article on Deamon Worlds. One that struck me as unique was the Tzeentch one, with raised plateaus, and thought that two levels would be fun to play on. Then I got thinking. Why stop at two levels? Why stop at two dimensions? They are DEAMON worlds after all, run soley on madness and insanity. So I thought of something.

This is what I want to do. I want to get my hands on a healthy amount of sheet metal, and some tools to work it. Then create a 4 by 4 by 4 board, with three dimesions, all MC Escher Style. Create a a board with six playable surfaces. This would need all the armies who wanted to play on it to put magnets in the bases of all their models, and in the tracks of tanks. Modular terrain could be built with magnets in the bases to provide cover and whatnot. And all the magnets wouldnt be THAT expensive, since they are damn cheap if you by them bulk.

And think about it, units walking up walls, shooting directly up and down, skimmers hopping from roof to floor.. . it would make for some epic games of 40k.

So I bring this up here to ask for input. Any input. Where can I get cheap sheet metal? How bout the tools to work it? What are your thoughts on this venture, and would you be willing to magnitize your army to play on it? Do you have any ideas to make it better? Fill me in!

my suggestion would be to first try to make maybe a 2 level world that people may go up-side-down on ...

making a cube board will be hard ... both to make, play on and the risk of models falling of and breaking =/

the idea is nice and I would like to see it done =)

I think that wherever you find the metal for sale you could maybe also get help to bend it ...

and if you want a cube you will have to cut it, and trust me ... cutting straight into a pieve of metal by hand and get it straight is HARD!!!

your hand won

If I were you, I'd pop over to www.warseer.com/forums and look for a guy called Anvils Hammer. he's highly skilled at making games boards and would probably be able to answer your questions. Still, I'm sure there are one or two here who know the making of games boards well enough, so you may not have to go to warseer.

It sounds interesting, but... if all six sides are there how would you get your army INTO the board and move them around? Did I miss something? :blink:

I believe he wanted something like this. Not sure if that helps...

I think if would be really sweet... It will be extremely hard but it would be amazing to play on. It could also make for some interesting games of cleanse (start in opposite corners, maybe make it 8 quarters instead of 4...

EDIT: you beat me to it...

Archived