Space Wolf Quad Attack Bike Conversions

insaniak

Just finished off a couple of commissions, and figured it might be nice to post some pics, since it's been a while since I posted anything new.

These were based on the Mk1 and Mk2 Scorpion Attack Quads that I built for eBay a while back, with a few Space Wolfey bits and some battle damage added.

The Mk1 is a slight change on the original design, using the Chaos Marine Bike as a framework instead of the Imperial version.

Mk1:

http://underthecouch.net/images/couch/comm/wolfquad/wolfquad1a.jpg

Mk2:

http://underthecouch.net/images/couch/comm/wolfquad/wolfquad2a.jpg

Both have magnetised weapons, with both Heavy Bolter and Multimelta options, and the weapon mounts pivot and elevate.

You can find more pictures under the couch.

As always, comments and criticisms welcome...

Nice to see new work from you Insaniak. We have a shiny new WIP sub-forum for posts like this, moving it over for you! :P

Those pics are so weird, they look like they're computer generated. Strange.

Good work, cool making all the options available. Although the first guy is going to get his backpack blown up and his head blown off :)

Those pics are so weird, they look like they're computer generated. Strange.

It's probably just the backgrounds... To keep all the pics consistent onthe website, I remove the backgrounds and replace them with a standard blue colour.

Although the first guy is going to get his backpack blown up and his head blown off :)
Nah, the weapons would only traverse around the side.

Are you going to paint it or put it up for sale?

Nope, these were commissions, so they're as done as they'll get from me.

Very nice and very wolfy. I'll need to save those as inspiration.

My only suggestion is to add a few more SW bits on the bike itself. (SW knives, pelts, tails)

Do you ever paint any of your stuff? Just curious.

- BO

I don't paint anything to sell... I'm neither fast enough nor celebrity enough to make it worthwhile. My painted collection can (mostly) be seen on Infernus, although it's all starting to look a little dated now :wub: Since taking this up as a way of making a living, I don't seem to have much time to work on stuff for myself any more.

I have just started a Golden Daemon entry for this year, which will hopefully be painted ;)

My only suggestion, is next time you build one, maybe have the HB on that there a guy shooting it, insted of on a turret?

The whole point of the Mk1 was to create something a little more advanced looking... Hence the self-controlling weapon. (I figure it's run by an advanced Machine Spirit :)

The Mk2 was the next version I made, with the usual 2 crewmen.

Insaniak- They look very cool. I love all the subtle model conversions you did there.

I might consider maybe making a helmet for the rider that looks like it has a targeter over one of the eye pieces and possibly some more techno modeling bits on the side of the helmet. Then have a couple coils lead to the weapon system on the turret from the targeter. Almost like hes control the targeting and fire control system similar to an Attack helicopter pilot helmet (apache/ hind). It will add a little more character I think visually it'll explain the lack of the 2nd crew member.

On another note...

When i play my RW army or just a bike squad in a regular DA army; my bikes practically end up untop of each other. I sometimes need to get them in as tight as possible next to or behind cover before I move into an attack run, charge into HtH, or simply make it to the next bit of cover. With the Quads being as large as they are (although totally cool looking) do you have trouble with this now? Because there are alot of cheesy gamers who show up with laser pointers and if theres even a rivet sticking out in the open they call a shot on the "visible" model...

I sometimes need to get them in as tight as possible next to or behind cover before I move into an attack run, charge into HtH, or simply make it to the next bit of cover. With the Quads being as large as they are (although totally cool looking) do you have trouble with this now?

I don't actually have any of these in any of my own armies... Just haven't had time to build any for myself.

However, they really don't take up any more table space than a regular attack bike. They're just a slightly different shape.

Archived