Deathwatch Kill-Team

Hyperion

Imperial Fist Captain

med_gallery_4484_723_73401.jpg

Angel Vermillion Librarian

med_gallery_4484_723_28384.jpg

Salamander Veteran (unfortunately he's not very cost-effective with only a hand flamer, but I couldn't resist having two flame weapons!)

med_gallery_4484_723_108179.jpg

Space Wolf Veteran

med_gallery_4484_723_58109.jpg

Scythe of the Emperor Veteran (there are deliberate hints of Tyranid Hunter with the 2nd bionic leg and the krak grenades)

med_gallery_4484_723_106791.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_65724.jpg

Son of Medusa and Hawk Lord

gallery_4484_723_19795.jpg

Flesh Tearer and White Scar

gallery_4484_723_119324.jpg

gallery_4484_723_65323.jpg

Grief Bringer

med_gallery_4484_723_10574.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_110444.jpg

Great looking DeathWatch. :P Love how each model has its own icons and heraldry to represent its chapter. :wacko:

Wish I had put more thought into my DW. I only done White Scar, Dark Angel, Crimson Fist, Imperial Fist and Ultramarine who carried the heavybolter.

About time I took them back to the paintbrush, near 5 years since i done them.

Lovely models. Whats the head being used on the Salamander? Looks very funky. Also liked the Scythes of the Emperor marine. Got a love for scythes myself. Was it tricky to convert or did it slide right in (The scythe weapon that is)

Now I know who has all the grenades....! :wacko:

Nice use of a variety of parts to really individualise each member. That grief bringer looks like he could cause a world of hurt!

Looking forward to seeing them painted

Thanks for the replies. The Salamander head came from the old Bretonnian Knights of the Realm Sprue 1, and the loincloth is a cut down version of Malus Darkblade's cloak. The Salamander is probably my favourite, because I originally wanted to do a Salamander army but got frustrated by the conversion difficulties (I wanted them all to look like the IA article!) - this guy is the closest I've come to a Salamander that looks the way I think it should! The brazier represents a Promethean Cult honour BTW. ;)

The Scythe was a bit too long and needed a small section removed and then pinned back together to fit. The hands are also a bit large and needed a little filing - they're not the neatest, but I'm hoping that won't be too noticeable when painted.

The Grief Bringer was inspired by the old story in Deathwing (although the marine with the meltabomb in that story died and I kinda figured his successors wouldn't want to make the same mistake, so they carry lots of spares!).

More Librarian pics - as requested:

med_gallery_4484_723_40520.jpg

I wish I'd known about Dragonforge's pewter cables! These are guitar string and were an absolute nightmare to work with! I figured the book and pouch looked quite good for a psyker, and the Inquisition lock came from the Cherubael sprue.

med_gallery_4484_723_73007.jpg

It wasn't til I'd finished everything else that I realised his cloak was folding the opposite way to his loincloth and banner, so I melted it with matches ...and then had to repair the backpack!!! Oops. :D Another thing to be concealed with black paint.

med_gallery_4484_723_87010.jpg

I've also got a pic of the back of the Captain - not the biggest cloak, but I thought the fur fitted the fluff (the Imperial Fist Captain visiting the Tau pic):

med_gallery_4484_723_88553.jpg

and my Heavy Bolter marines (Skull Bearer and Death Strike):

gallery_4484_723_114671.jpg

The originality on each of those marines will surely make them stand out, i mean, now you clearly see that the Scythe of the Emperor IS a Scythe of the Emperor, 'sides that schyte is probably a good thing to use in vicinity of a zerg.. i mean tyranid.

And that 'nade guy.. woha, i wouldn't like to be standing next to him.

.. the only problem i can see is that i cant see any problems with them.. i'll have to report in later for the downers :D

anyways :D on the marines, now git to painin'.

- Santoro

Absolutely Awesome! you really bring out their individuality as members of different Chapters yet tie them together with =I= insignia. well done! I imagine they will look even more coherent when painted.

Ooh, could we get some close-ups on the Captain? Pretty please? :blush:

@Moribund - it's "Korhil's Cloak" Hunter Captain of the White Loins ("that's Lions!") in the High Elf range.

And now for more pics of the Scythe:

med_gallery_4484_723_25794.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_24579.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_9483.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_34876.jpg

and the Captain:

med_gallery_4484_723_72911.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_19464.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_20079.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_29705.jpg

Here's some pics of my Ordo Xenos WIP army so far:

gallery_4484_723_94756.jpg

gallery_4484_723_74126.jpg

gallery_4484_723_129451.jpg

This is the Vindicare at the back:

med_gallery_4484_723_16404.jpg

med_gallery_4484_723_18563.jpg

Are the bionic legs on the Scythe of the Emperor marine taken (one each) from IH and UM Tyranid hunter models? Or are they a pair from something else?

they look like the legs off the iron father model I think

as far as I can make out, the Scythes marine's bionic legs are in fact made out of TWO sets of bionic legs: his left leg is the bionic lower leg from an Ultramarine Tyranid Hunter LINK, while his right leg (and possibly the seat of his armored pants as well as his left thigh - I can't make that out) is an Iron Hands bionic leg LINK2

:wub: if only I could muster so much attention to detail when I'm trying to study! :blink:

More replies! B)

The banner symbols are from Forgeworld's brass etch sheet. I didn't need to heat it - I just bent it gently with GW pliers. The banner has a main fold running vertically, so it's not too complex ...thankfully.

The Scythe's legs are indeed the IH bionic legs with the Ultra 'nid Hunter left lower leg (the join is just above the knee). With all the different bits on him, he ain't cheap! ;)

The Scythe's legs are indeed the IH bionic legs with the Ultra 'nid Hunter left lower leg (the join is just above the knee). With all the different bits on him, he ain't cheap! :P

Heh, yes I can imagine it quickly adds up, looks good though. :)

Archived