Black Templars Venerable Dreadnaught Praxus

Prot

This guy has been a long time coming. I got him as soon as he came out but it took the Medusa Campaign to make me actually finish him. B)

http://prot.homestead.com/files/Templar/BT_Brother_Praxus_Dreadnaught.jpg

Yes, it's red gore. I actually really like that colour.

The banner skeleton... he did end up getting a final, very light dry brushing (but only at the end after a few layers of highlights and washes). Two things came into play.... 1. the resin mold had a lot of 'what do I do with this' areas. Meaning it had a few imperfections. I had used a few washes to deepen the bone, but too deep would have had it matching the banners too closely.

2. I was sick of painting this model. I had picked him up and worked on him on and off for a very long time. My picture is a little dim, but if I can get close ups, the 'heraldy' badges are so detailed it blew me away. There are 'checkers' and 'V' shapes actually grooved into them, and I tried to painting them all. My patience started to wear though.

Truth is I've never found much use for dreadnaughts in typical games and my army is all built to play. Medusa and CoD have given me the opportunitty to use a dread at least.

I don't know if I was unlucky, but I think my 'least' favorite part was the banner bling as the mold was quite rough in areas. It was a lot of work to fix it where I could and just 'fake it' where I could not fix it.

I wanted to have at least one 'nice' venerable dready for my Crusade and I'm happy with this guy. Now I guess he needs a drop pod for normal gaming. :(

Thanks for the compliments. (I'll try to get a few more pics)

Archived