Ultramarines Timeline

Brother Pariah

Rail Rifle date is mostly irrelevant. Like I said, Kais from Fire Warrior WAS field testing prototype Rail Rifles.

Oh so true. It was a FPS game; they have to have a sniper rifle of some kind, and weaving it into the story line just made sense. Though, why it wasn't Kais assaulting some Imperial snipers and taking their guns I have no idea. I haven't played it in years...though I think when you got on the ship you did gank an Imperial sniper... ;)

Capt. Tyranus' definitely nailed it. We're doing the best we can, and finding inconsistencies is fun for a die-hard Ultramarine. Then we bring the bolt shells to GW for their insolence! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

735/M41 Scipio Vorolanus is a neophyte. He will later fight as a sergeant in the Assault on Black Reach. (Assault on Black Reach: The Novel, p. 8)

855/M40 Ultracius falls on the battlefield of Pyra and is interred in a dreadnought. (Assault on Black Reach: The Novel, p. 34, states that this occurred "over a thousand years ago.") <See also entry for 453/M39 for alternate date.>

• 3 weeks later...
3045621/M30 Battle of Tesstra Prime. The Alpha Legion slaughters 90% of the opposing army. Roboute Guilliman was recorded as having called it "a huge waste of time, effort, and the Emperor's bolt shells." (US WD 276, p. 56)

• 3 weeks later...
Nowhere does it state that Ultramarine use of the LRC was why it was officially recognized. P43 C:BT states that "763.M39 the Crusader pattern became officially recognised by the Techpriests of Mars (a mere formality, since it is estimated the design had spread to hundreds of Chapters by this time)." No mention of Ultramarines anywhere, please fix.

Well Brother Hadafix, our blue armored Brethren are most certainly correct that is states in their 'dex that this is so. Remember 40k is filled with fluff contradictions as well (look at the IA series) which vary on who is telling the story. There is no "One" narrator, and it is the Ultramarines Timeline ^.^

In a BT timeline I am sure we would take the lion's share of the credit as this is what is stated in our 'dex. In the C:SM everyone gets a little bit of the love -_-

Yup, we can take Crusaders as dedicated transports (and yes I mean it).

The Black Templar invented the Crusader, the Ultramarines just made it official by approving of it. It seems that multiple vehicles have been made official only because the Ultramarines approve of it. Apparently the AdMech care what they think??? *shrug*

I don't think it takes away from the fact that the Templar invented it. All we did was our administration thing.

Damn, does that mean everything I thought I knew about the background from 3ed to 4ed is out? :huh:

Well, with another Codex coming out later this year, there maybe more snippets that need updating. Wish they would stick to something that ran on simply.

I think I will have to be more careful now on fluff calls.

What about the 3rd and 4th edition fluff???? The rules just changed to let everyone take dedicated Crusaders and the Crusaders became official through the Ultramarines. Nothing got edited, just added to.

For an answer on that id say read the C:BT, the C:BT are.... never mind its a fluffy thing, and I am sure that there is a counter to it anyway in one or two other Codex's. It was only a page of 4ed fluff that I brought it up anyway, now the fluff is void, what i said is nurfed.

Damn, does that mean everything I thought I knew about the background from 3ed to 4ed is out?

The new account in Codex Space Marines does not change the account given first in Codex Armageddon. It was still the Black Templars who invented the Crusader variant, it was still finally approved in 763.M41 by the Adeptus Mechanicus, even though it had already been used by some Chapters before that. The new bit is that the Ultramarines support finally convinced the Adeptus Mechanicus to approve the new design.

Damn, does that mean everything I thought I knew about the background from 3ed to 4ed is out?

The new account in Codex Space Marines does not change the account given first in Codex Armageddon. It was still the Black Templars who invented the Crusader variant, it was still finally approved in 763.M41 by the Adeptus Mechanicus, even though it had already been used by some Chapters before that. The new bit is that the Ultramarines support finally convinced the Adeptus Mechanicus to approve the new design.

There are things in the design notes as well as fluff for the Crusader, I wont go into details in this Forum, seems ive already accidentally sparked of enough trouble as is . Please take my original comment as nurfed.

845/M41 The Techmarines of the Ultramarines finish ritually restoring the damage done to the suits of Terminator armour involved in the Battle for Macragge. (US WD 305, p. 84)

EDIT: Oops! That should be M41, not M45! Four thousand years is too long!

Edited by Brother Pariah

845/M45 The Techmarines of the Ultramarines finish ritually restoring the damage done to the suits of Terminator armour involved in the Battle for Macragge. (US WD 305, p. 84)

Only 100 years for that eh? Not bad...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got another update for ye:

995/M41 - A combined force comprising elements of the Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Blood Angels chapters converged on Korsk II to end the reign of the evil Lord Varlak. The Evil Lord of Korsk was cut down by the incandescent fury of a multi-melta, his remains a barely identifiable goo. (US WD 293, pg 96, June 2004)

I've got another update for ye:

995/M41 - A combined force comprising elements of the Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Blood Angels chapters converged on Korsk II to end the reign of the evil Lord Varlak. The Evil Lord of Korsk was cut down by the incandescent fury of a multi-melta, his remains a barely identifiable goo. (US WD 293, pg 96, June 2004)

We already had that data point. It was added back in 2006 by capt tyranus. Now we have a double-entry! :angry:

Its a shame we cannot get this entered into the Librarium or something. Interactive so that corrections could be made from time to time.

Just a thought :huh: :cuss

spjaco