The Bolter Conversion Thread

Thanks Kanan, theres acutally another photo of it completed, however it was for an Imperial Guardsman, and I'm not sure if I can post it ^_^

However, I really liked it, so I might make another version of it.

yah you should do that man. its a very smooth looking weapon and by that i mean it looks 'right' you know? and im gonna make up a squad of SOG over the weekend with those SOCOM bolt pistols and CC weapons.

keep up the great work Anarnaxe. ~smiles~

peace

Ah. I was looking for this thread a while ago to add in some of my bolter mods, just for fun(the one on the far right turned out best). I done them a while ago now as couldnt find the thread. Anyways here you go.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/Eberious_2008/DSC01870.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I will be attempting to build at least one of the following bolters when i get the time.

gallery_30537_1653_20168.jpg

PS. Can we get an Apothecary on the scene to revive this thread?

Of this picture, I have already made the M36 Plas, The Mentor Bullpup, Mentor Bullpup G, and I'm working on the Mentor SAW.

I'll post pictures when I get on my other computer.

• 1 month later...

Not my designs, these were posted on BnC a long time ago:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/juckto/Wh40k/Other/modern_bolters.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/juckto/Wh40k/Other/modern_bolters2.jpg

The 'bulpup' was blatantly stolen from Azrael's combi plasma design, i don't trust those pesky mentors! :devil: It's actually a clever design used in several real world weapons to give a long barrel in a compact weapon.

Al

I'm not denying that, especially since every Brit squaddie gets a bullpup design to use and IIRC the FAMAS is also similar configuration, that one just looks like the mag is ever so slightly too close to the trigger, that is one tight fit.

The 'bulpup' was blatantly stolen from Azrael's combi plasma design, i don't trust those pesky mentors! :( It's actually a clever design used in several real world weapons to give a long barrel in a compact weapon.

Al

I'm not denying that, especially since every Brit squaddie gets a bullpup design to use and IIRC the FAMAS is also similar configuration, that one just looks like the mag is ever so slightly too close to the trigger, that is one tight fit.

i agree aswell i might try it with extended length bolters though, its just the problem of fitting it under the amr of a 7-8 foot armoured beast

they all look very coool

i recall seeing a thread on this website with lots of bolter examples on, i dunno if anybody else can back me up or remember where it was, i have tried looking but cant find it for you.

im sorry i tried *plunges chainsword deep into his heart in shame*

Archived