Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

Hrm. I suppose it has! :P I've got an update, but unfortunately I've pretty much just been slacking off on my LPC pledge. The excuse? "Well, I've still got a month left!" Which of course won't be working particularly well for much longer. I'm still comfortable with the February 28 deadline, but I'ma need to actually, like, WORK, so, for the duration of the LPC, and hopefully beyond, I'll be updating once a week. :devil: Consider it something like a New Years Resolution, except I'm a month behind and it may not last very long. :lol:

So, yeah, as of right now, the reds on the first 5 of a total 10 marines are done. Not exactly impressive, but hey. :lol:

gallery_39401_2771_25037.jpg

If all goes according to plan, these fellows will be done next week. Oh, and excuse the sub-par piccage... It occurs to me that perhaps I should fiddle with my camera and try to figure out how best to take group shots. ^_^

Oh, hush, you. ^_^

gallery_39401_2771_99625.jpg

See? I told you I could do it. :P So that's the first half of my pledge finished, five down, five to go. Might post individual pics when the whole squad's done. Tried Lonewolf's blood tutorial on these guys' bayonets and impurity seals and I loooooove it, and I've since redone the blood on Raz and Berith. :) Might've gone a BIT over-the-top with the Icon, but hey, where would the Word Bearers be without copious amounts of human sacrifice? :P

Those be some fine looking WB marines there Raz, very well done :angry:

I've been meaning to try Lonewolf's tutorial, but the last time i was within arms reach of Tamiya paints, there were so many red versions, i couldn't remember the one i was after!

I should really sort out my DA, since i'm sure it'll take me ages to paint up.

Muhahahahaha, I'm waaaaay ahead of schedule this week, folks. :)

gallery_39401_2771_107569.jpg

Reds done. Nothing spectacular right now - for the last five marines I did washes for the reds at this point, then did the metals and the washes for the metals, despite it basically being the same method, so this time I'm just gonna wait until the metals are done and wash everything at once. Anyway, I painted these 5 up to this point in 3 days, which is breakneck speed for me, and if I keep this pace up they should be done in a few days. :lol: But you know what happens when I set deadlines for myself, so I won't. :) Whatever ends up happening I'm fairly certain I WILL be done long before the 28th rolls around.

Whatever ends up happening I'm fairly certain I WILL be done long before the 28th rolls around.

You should only say that when you are done :ph34r:

Nice work thus far Raz, you are indeed making excellent progress!

I should really try to undercoat mine tonight!!

Blessings of the Gods and Lorgar Himself! Truly, Chaos is with us this day. Done, with two weeks to spare. :devil: Thanks for the comments, guys. :)

gallery_39401_2771_113909.jpg

The completed vow itself (10 marines):

gallery_39401_2771_165149.jpg

And the whole squad (12 marines, this is including the bolter and flamer guys I'd had finished before the LPC):

gallery_39401_2771_2079.jpg

Pics taken hastily as my camera batteries were dying - it's kinda difficult to get 12 marines into one shot... :P Anyway, there that is - 5 marines done in one week is a new record for me. What say I get started on some Terminators next, eh? ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

And Razakel did awaken from his unholy slumber and did gift the Children of Lorgar with MOAR PICS. :lol: Sorry for the month of silence, guys, been doing... pretty much nothing this entire time. *grumblelazinessgrumblegrumble* Got some minor work done on my Terminators. Most of them are just up to Scab Red except for the champion, who I've highlighted and gotten started working on metals (started out kinda-sorta assembly-lining them and got a bit carried away on the champ :P).

gallery_39401_2771_34776.jpg

Now, I think I promised some individual shots of some of the members of Phael Iscariot, so here's the Champion:

gallery_39401_2771_18229.jpg

Icon Bearer:

gallery_39401_2771_95527.jpg

Drummer:

gallery_39401_2771_16398.jpg

Meltagunner:

gallery_39401_2771_14635.jpg

Furthermore, I never posted pics of the Lonewolf-bloodified Raz and Leroy, so here they are in their glory:

gallery_39401_2771_117364.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_35692.jpg

Again, sorry for the delay and general lack of work-getting-done-ness. Fortunately, there should be a nifty surprise coming in the mail from Forge World sooner or later. :P Hopefully the Terminators will be done before then. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be off with the other penitents castigating myself and fasting as punishment for my laxity. :lol:

Aah, the gods were getting cranky already, there weren't enough progress updates from the faithful :D.

Great word bearers there mate ;) . That blood effect looks excellent, care to share the recipe, please ;).

I wish I could afford some FW goodies... <grumble>

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch, guys. I'm trying to adhere to a something-like-weekly update schedule after my month of nothingness after the LPC, so, progress on the Termies continues. Slowly... and not entirely surely, but whatever. Reds finished, boltgun done. Next time you see 'em they'll be highlighted and washed. Also, note to self, never ever ever ever ever fully assemble Chaos terminators before painting - it's frakking impossible to get at all the little trimmy bitz what with the arms getting in the way.

gallery_39401_2771_35848.jpg

Also, a nice little box arrived on my front porch from Forge World today. Upon opening it, I was pleased to find that it contained this:

gallery_39401_2771_22452.jpg

Sure, it's not a Warhound, but I've wanted a Hellblade since forever. ;) Also nabbed the Renegade Psyker models. Sold the little Guardsman-looking dude with the skull face to a friend, Sarr on here, for use with his Alpha Legion. Kept the floating bald guy with the tattered skirt due to him being decidedly more Word Bearer-ly, and also because I'm thinking he'll look nice with my flagellant-cultists (whenever I get around to finishing them).

gallery_39401_2771_1711.jpg

Actually considered crucifying him to a tank or something... buuut I like the model as it is, so I'll probably end up using him as a counts-as Sorcerer. The 3+ armor save and everything can be explained away as his nifty mind-powers. Alternatively, there's always Apocalypse. :huh:

Man, first Kik and now you with terminators!! Man does the temptation grow! :)

Looking great Raz ;)

Nice work on the FW bits, how bad as the pricing on those? I wouldn't mind a few FW bits and bobs, but the prices are worse than me having a binge at my gaming store.

FW's expensive, but depending on where you live it's not as bad as it used to be. In the US, the way the exchange rate is, prices have gone down about 1/4 since last year. It's actually cheaper here to order from Forge World and pay shipping than it is to go to a GW store, since the stores still charge the old prices. Granted it's still more than one should be paying for toy soldiers. ;) No idea how it is in Australia, though.

Just scrubbed the mold release agent off the Hellblade and psyker, so at some point in the hopefully near future, assembly will begin - though there seems to be a lot of rather large mold nubs left on the Hellblade, so I'll be having fun shaving all of that off (outside, where I won't be inhaling it). Psyker's pretty near flawless, though. Might get some work done on the Termies later today. Speaking of which, TAS, you WILL paint up that Termy squad. :D

Archived