Bringing back the beaks

caprera

I stumbled into the old Rulebook via a friend of a friend. Pretty old I've only seen the cover, never had a look inside.

I've seen all those pictures of MK6 armours that I loved already and noticed that the marines from the Rogue Trader times were not "badly" modeled. Just different design.

Since I was dreaming of using HH rule/army list for an entire MK6 army for the Raven Guard I was wondering if that older design could be brought back.

I hoe there are no rules infringments in asking but I thought it could be done by using 3D printers. A dedicated shop opened just in front of my house and so the idea came up.

Problem is you have to provide the "project" and needless to say, there are none already online. I guess I'm not the first to think about it and everybody else just did it for himself. I would like to try but maybe reading here a couple opinions would have been a good idea.

For instance I don't know where to start to design the helmet. Do I need to contact some professional ? Maybe someone in commissions familiar with GS ?

Are you just looking to get MK VI armor? ForgeWorld carries them:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Infantry-and-Accessories/MK-VI-CORVUS-ARMOUR.html

Otherwise, yeah you or a Professional 3D modeler will have to model a helmet for you before it can be 3D printed.

No Kilofix, that was my point. Forgeworld just copied the "new" design of those MK6 helmets straight from the GW space marine tac team plastic sprue.

I want to find a way to replicate this:

http://grimdarkmillennium.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/rn_marine2.jpg

I understand someone may say the difference is not worthy the work but...

Games Workshop's 25th Anniversary model has a helmet that could be described as a modern day version of the old artwork. However, since it was a limited run and made of finecast the miniature is hard to come by and wouldn't exactly offer a reasonable way of making an army or even a squad. But it does offer something more than a picture in an old rulebook.

Do you mean the old Rogue trader plastics? I actually have a few of those plastic beakies tucked away for my Raven Guard, I'll try get a pic tomorrow. I have limited use of a camera.

Whilst, yes, it is copyright infringement, if you can do it cheaply and it looks identical, just paint them up, slap em on and tell no one. 

If its too expensive then ebay is your friend. But don't ask me for mine. From my cold, dead hands brother :)

Thanks Crow, that would be much appreciated, maybe also measures would be a great help.

@Grotsmasha: I said already I have no intention of seeling. I just dislike the modern beakie :)

There you go, see there's much difference smile.png

I want to go for measures now and ask what's needed to the 3d shop asap.

Do you guys think variants should be mandatory ?

http://i.imgur.com/a5C8ggYl.jpg

While you at it converting up mk6 chests isn't too hard either ...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/SW1-SWC/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps631fc5fc.jpg

Why were those changed too ? 

I thought bodies and the rest from Forgeworld are suitable. The only thing that made me stuck up my nose was the helmet.

There are several deferent designs of chest piece dependent on armour mark.

The chests that match the early metal beakies are like the above pic and I only know of the SW chest that matches it.

I'm using a lot of metals and need to bulk out squads with plastics so having to convert up chests. The FW mk6 chests look different not sure if that's the same as the old plastics or not?

Archived