Sins of the Fathers, A IVth Legion Log (Now with Titans!)

Vek'saron Lyksandr Khyze

Warsmith of the 52nd Grand Battalion

"The Wayward Son"

++++++++

This was the sky that would shroud him as he fell.

The realization was not born of a resignation to die. Not the result of some duty to perish in battle. Both he had seen, and both he had experienced. Both still held some hope.

But there was none here.

The idea saddened him, but the truth was as obvious as any. His opponent was better- much better- than Khyze was. He always had been, even since their first battles together.

Sol Jakre. Killer. Murderer. Traitor.

Friend.

His oldest comrade. One who had never faltered in service to the Emperor. Never tired, even when the odds had stood against them. Never, until now.

Even as Khyze remembered the honor they had taken together, his friend stood, monstrous and terrible, his claws flexing and tensing. Circling Khyze, waiting for the moment to strike.

That was why he was better. He never held back, never waited or concerned himself with drama. He just killed. While Khyze was distracted, Jakre would be analyzing his foe. Not that it mattered. They knew their strengths- their styles and weaknesses second nature to each other after so many years.

He knew he was doomed, but he was an Iron Warrior- too bitter, too proud to lie down and die quickly. He could not, would not, fall without a fight. His brothers needed to see him die fighting, and he needed to show Jakre that he couldn’t take what he wanted. The Imperium would resist Horus’ lies.

Or so he hoped.

For the first time in his life, he removed his helm in combat, content to die with his own eyes upon the world that would take him. It fell into the mud, lenses staring at the stormy skies above, heavy with ash and fire, death and pain, echoing the visage of the Iron Warrior.

To draw his blade would mean certain death, but Khyze knew there was no other choice.

Iron flashed, and a brotherhood died.

++++++++

Once a proud, noble, and quiet soul, Vek'saron Khyze has served as an officer for over eight decades, most of which were spent as a Vigilator in charge of the Recon Teams of the 52nd Grand Battalion. As a junior officer, he excelled at leading surgical assaults to take out targets deemed to be "untouchable", a rarity in the brutal and callous IVth Legion. Respected by his men and sure of purpose, Khyze was forced to become the leader of the 52nd Grand Battalion after the disaster at Istvaan V, taking the mantle of Warsmith after the Combat Action that would be known as "First Contact".

oRdkn5s.jpg

Seen here, in the regalia of a Warsmith, for the first time, Khyze managed a feat few other could, rallying and regrouping the scattered and wounded 52nd, preventing the loss of what had been an effective fighting formation to chaos and discord. Taking the fight to the Warmaster's hordes in the Salient Cluster, he allowed his legionaries to practice the tactics and strategies they had refined before the Betrayal, recapturing multiple worlds that armed and supplied the Warmaster's forces with lightning strikes, orbital assaults, and strategic feints. So successful was the 52nd's campaign that an entire Chapter of Word Bearers, known as the Rampant Eclipse, were despatched to neutralize them.

All the while, Khyze managed to retain his sense of honor and integrity, up until the evacuation from Auror. It was here that his demeanor first changed, his mauling at the hands of his former comrade, Sol Jakre, birthing a bitter pain in the Warsmith. So grievous were the wounds inflicted by the Word Bearer that internment into a Dreadnought Sarcophagus was considered before Khyze managed to be stabilized by the apothecaries aboard the Steel Valkyrie.

Of the varied wounds suffered by the Warsmith, the most painful were undoubtedly the loss of Khyze's legs and the breaking of his spine, which did more to break his spirit than the trials of Istvaan ever did. No longer capable of carrying out reconnaissance missions thanks to the implants grafted into his back and legs, it is only now, four months after his fall, that he is even capable of going into battle.

3uUcDB1.jpg

Seen leading Vyrr Tactical in the Raid on Khadros, the regalia of old was left behind in the wake of Auror, and replaced with a newly artificed suit of Mk.IIIc Pattern Armor (Reinforced), a gift from the Forges of Omyda. Khyze's helm no longer bears a crest, but now bears the visage of his Legion's symbol- something adopted by many in the 52nd Grand Battalion. He also wears an early legion honorific, many of which can be found on the 52nd in order to both honor their heritage, and distinguish them from their traitorous kin. 

xHDDXtN.jpg

While the Vigilator of old still leads the 52nd, a new and dark presence has cast a shadow over his soul- appearing infrequently as bouts of embittered rage and cold-blooded fury, manifesting as a violence never seen before by the Battalion. While nowhere near the levels of detachment exhibited by Namyr Sargaethon or Arkon Rhos, many in the senior command echelons have noticed a change, and have resolved to observe their commander, ever watchful for signs of degradation. 

Whatever the real cause of this newfound anger, Khyze has thrown himself back into the war with an unnatural ferocity, and many believe this fervor will lead the 52nd into either glory, or ruin, in the months to come.

Edited by Phatsquirre1

++++++++

gN1Agh8.jpg

The Lance of Dawn

Cerastus Knight-Lancer

++++++++

The ground lay barren, the windswept plains, once full of grass, turned to an ashy wasteland.

Rhoryk slammed the lance into the foe-enemy’s shoulder, blowing a massive wound into the venerable armor of the Leviathan and knocking it on its back.

An angry sky shook, wrathful at the desecration below, lashing out with all its might.

His brothers fought beside him, their weapons covering him as he shattered the enemy line, Battle-Cannons and Gatling-Weapons chewing through the infantry below, Flame-Projecters and Missile Racks bracketing the earth with a barrage of shrapnel.

He stood in the deluge, his tears mixing in with the angry rain, orphaned by the madness that had consumed his kin.

The carcass of the dreadnought was crushed underfoot by Rhoryk’s advance, its screaming occupant silenced forever by the tread of his heel, all the work that had been done on the machine rendered into scrap by his armor.

“Now,” spoke the giant behind him, “You see why you belong with us. Belong with my legionnaires, fighting against those who cast you aside- who betrayed your honor and trust.”

Swathes of Iron Warriors followed his advance, their merciless advance sweeping aside the already broken Word Bearers. But Rhoryk paid them no mind.

He nodded dumbly, accepting of his fate, but still too in shock- too angry- to fully understand what it meant.

Rhoryk’s heart and soul was set on the bastard before him, the Shadow-and-Bone hue of his armor an affront to his very existence.

“I will serve, Lord Khyze. I, and my brothers, will serve you- and will fight to the ends to avenge this unforgivable slight."

His momentum carried him into his target, shield deflecting his foe’s chain-blade, lance crashing through the Knight’s head and chest armor, skewering the foe-pilot on the end of his weapon.

The oath of loyalty spilled from his lips, and Rhoryk didn’t care. This- what he saw before him- was inexcusable. There was no coming back from this. 

With a feral snarl, he pulled the foe-pilot violently from his throne, and repeatedly ran the weapon into the concrete below, only stopping when he realized there was nothing left on the end of his weapon, no corpse to vent his anger upon.

"Then I welcome you, Seneschal Ataman, of the House Makabius, to the Wayward Sons.”

++++++++

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/121CF23B-8EC3-4014-AA9E-91EEBF8F7899_zpsripqzpzo.jpg

-Presented here is the Lance of Dawn, a Cerastus Knight-Lancer of the Ataman Sub-Clade, House Makabius.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/189B808E-0CEE-4C19-9A31-B005C3F1AC75_zps5g7sika1.jpg

-Piloted by House Seneschal Rhoryk Ataman, the Lance of Dawn is a proud and storied Knight-Armor, whose origins trace back to the first shipments of the Cerastus class to the Knight House of Makabius.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/CB644D07-2990-4027-B01F-D3462FEBB320_zps2pe7fe1f.jpg

-She is seen here during the Raid on Khadros, supporting loyalist IVth Legion elements against the Word Bearers stationed on the planet. Not pictured is the remainder of the Lance of Dawn's household, a varied mix of Knight Armors that have all pledged allegiance to the Emperor. Of note is the removal of the House's signifiers and heraldry, replaced by hazard stripes common to the IVth Legiones Astartes.

++++++++

Edited by Phatsquirre1

Thanks Pearson73! :smile.:  I don't know where I'd be without masking tape and an airbrush...

So some quick updates otherwise:

Firstly, here's a really simple conversion I made for my BaC Contemptor. I want to have a Contemptor Talon done by the end of the summer (ETL?) and this was a really easy way to add some flavor to the model.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/fdd1bb93-4b47-4904-a977-70c9ae02286f_zps131w43nw.jpg

It uses the Icarus Autocannon from the Knight Warden set, flipped around, and looks so good (imo) that I've already ordered another to make him into a Contemptor Mortis. With a slight rotation of his waist, I think it makes the model look a lot more interesting (as interesting as black primer can be :rolleyes: ). That said, one worry I do have is the ammo drums on the side of the auto cannon, as they could potentially block any movement of the weapon.

Secondly, I've made a lot of progress on the Warhound.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/668a15e6-f51f-455d-a99d-855b8c54b470_zpszjpw7zod.jpg

There's been more done to the Aedifex Perditae since I took that photo, and I can gladly say that I'm in the home stretch of painting her. (Or so I think...:dry.:). At the least, I was comfortable enough with the progress made that I placed a new order from FW for more Resin Goodness. Expect to see it on here as soon as it arrives and I can build it- A couple of cool ideas I had are going to come to fruition with this order. :smile.:

That said, If anyone knows how I can get my hands on a set of Legio Crucius transfers, please let me know. I reached out to Dave Taylor, and hopefully will hear back from him soon, but in the meanwhile, any leads on getting my hands on those transfers would be fantastic. The sooner she is done, the sooner I can go back to regular sized models.

I am way too excited about that prospect.

Finally, I'm going to try to "review" some of the new terrain I got over the weekend. And by that I mean show you guys what I got and how shenanigans some parts of the kits I received were. :censored: MDF.

@Brother Pheidias- Thanks for the praise :smile.:. With the exception of some of the BL pieces, I agree that GW/FW tends to gloss over/ignore the IW's character for the most part, but I'm actually kind of thankful for that- it allows me a lot of freedom in my interpretation of fluff and what I can write about, and gives me quite a bit of room to justify ideas I may think of, since the IVth are such a large legion. 

Hey guys,

Another quick update on my Titan- this time focused on basing the beast.

When I was first building the Aedifex Perditae, I realized I wanted to base it after seeing some of the Titans on T.O.C. It seemed like a great way to convey a story with the God-Engine while making sure that a rogue bump wouldn't send my $500 dollar model flying.

I struggled to find a good method of basing, until I saw a large piece of hardboard in my shed. To make the base, I simply cut out a shape roughly larger than the footprint of the Titan itself, giving it more room so that it would be more stable, and less likely to fall. To give it some weight and texture, I threw a layer of spackle onto the board, and left it alone, seeing as I wanted to finish my Titan first before worrying about the base.

However, I realized that my Titan's toes sat a mm or two higher than the base- awkwardly, I had tried to make sure that this didn't happen, but evidently I wasn't too worried, cause it did anyways. So today, as I had a little bit of free time and no desire to paint any more layers of black (I say with a paintbrush to my left and pot of vallejo on standby...) I decided to fix the basing situation.

I started by laying down another layer of spackle, but only on the area below the right foot. After I had done that, I took some cling-wrap and put it around the Titan's toes, securing it with a rubber band, as shown below.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/697E773C-C086-45B1-8D9B-7BB489238805_zpsumencfox.jpg

Once I had done that, I put the Titan on the base and pressed it firmly down, ensuring that a good print resulted from the pressure. I added spackle to the edges that looked empty, and left it to dry.

Keep in mind- when applying pressure, the more squelch, the better.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/0C490240-2EC4-428C-836C-04C133A55216_zpsxrggu7x7.jpg

Now, its only been a couple hours since I did this, but based on preliminary results, it should harden around the toes, leaving the impression of the Titan's detail, while the cling wrap protects my model from any excess spackle. I'll update this post when it's finished, and show you guys the results.

However, not wanting to post here with only photos of a foot, I also present a few more things:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/79ECDCF1-7E59-4DDB-B5C9-9CACDABF07AB_zpsqlm9qwpw.jpg

First, My brand new Mortis-Contemptor, made out of a pair of Icarus Autocannons from the Knight-warden set, and the BaC Contemptor body. I'll have to re-prime him, but oh well. Teaches me to be hasty.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/ec32f0b9-4e85-42cb-86d6-31a4c317fe2c_zpskjnmiivr.jpg

Secondly, shown here is the 52nd Grand Battalion and Nova_Chron's VIth Legion against Sturgard's Eldar. It was an awesome game, and even though we were soundly defeated, the beautiful table we played on made it less painful to bear.

If I learned anything from that game, its that I need ALL the Quad Mortars. Those things are nasty. :devil:

Edited by Ninjaman

Thanks @Thousand Eyes. There's about ~4500 points of Iron Warriors to cover, so I've only started to scratch the surface. :biggrin.:

Speaking of scratching the surface, here is one of my favorite units- one that has done me proud in-game on multiple occasions, even managing to hold up Khârn, a squad of close combat veterans, and a few other characters for three turns in one game, securing victory for the 52nd.

Arkon Rhos

The "Cybrifex"

Consul-Praevian of the 52nd Grand Battalion, IVth Legion Astartes

++++++++

The air in the chamber was freezing.

That was the first thing Captain Djughan Barryc noticed as he stepped into the room, cold mist and ice giving the dark metal around him a sheen he was unused to seeing on the Valkyrie. How any mortal could stand these conditions for any length of time was beyond Barryc’s ability to comprehend, but then again, he often wondered if the astartes before him truly was human at all.

He stood in the center of the chamber, a single lumen-globe casting failing light down onto the warrior. He wore his armor as he always did, apart from his gauntlets, which were perched on the dais before him. Djughan could see the beginnings of frostbite on the marine’s fingers, blackened tips contrasting drastically with the light from the console.

The warrior shifted his head to the left at the Captain’s entrance, growling out a single word at the interruption.

“Captain.”

Barryc didn’t bother with any formalities. He knew it would be a waste of time, and time was something they didn’t have.

“Rhos. Khyze needs you. He says to be on the muster deck in an hour, prepared for direct assault.”

The astartes nodded once and turned back to his work. His own task complete, Barryc made to exit the room, assuming that Rhos knew what to do.

As he closed the hatch behind him, he saw lights flickering on in the darkness before the astartes, and a sense of primal dread gripped him, his mind subconsciously drawing a parallel between the sight and the myths of his homeworld.

They looked like eyes. Eyes of hungry wolves, prowling in the night.

+++++++

Seen here is a series of recovered pict-caps of Consul-Praevian Rhos, during the Raid on Khadros.

evF1p3I.jpg

Accompanied here by a maniple of Castellax Battle Automata (Cohort Omyda-Omega-Psi-81), Arkon Rhos, known as the Cybrifex, is the sole Praevian in the 52nd, in charge of all of the Battalion's Battle-Automata. 

While regarded as an aloof and insular astartes, Rhos' battle-record speaks for itself, the crux-coronatus on his Power fist a symbol of his unwavering dedication, both to the Great Crusade, and the prosecution of the myriad of xenos encountered by the Praevian, all of which have been bested by the Centurion and his charges.

QlUmG0s.jpg

While nominally a part of the Legion's extraneous support corps, Rhos instead bears insignia echoed by the Artillery Echelons of the 52nd, and uses his Battle-Automata as line-breakers par excellence, spearheading forward assaults during sieges or leading counteroffensives against assaulting forces. As a result, he has outfitted his Castellax with flamers as standard, allowing them to engage infantry in the close quarters combat so commonly encountered during siege and sweep-and-clear operations.

KCkpLem.jpg

Both the Battle-automata pictured here (Omyda-Omega-Psi-81-2a, Omyda-Omega-Psi-81-2b) are amongst the longest serving in the 52nd's ranks, and are held in high regard by the warriors of the 52nd. Their appearance on the battlefield is seen as a sign of sure victory, for although each has fallen in battle numerous times, the ministrations of Praevian Rhos and the Battalion's Techmarine contingent has ensured their return to the field before too long. Automata 2b, in particular, bears the reforged remains of a Cataphractii Terminator's pauldron on his right arm-guard, a battle honor given by the Tyranthikos elite after the brutal and unforgiving campaign against the Orks of the Vaghrant System.

++++++++

Edited by Phatsquirre1

Hey guys, so a quick update tonight, with both good and bad news :blink.:

First, the good news.

The Aedifex Perditae is coming along well- about 80% done at this point. I'm gonna try and finish her up tomorrow or at least some time this week, schedule permitting.

Pics:

The Body (Needs another round of black and metal highlights, and then gloss/varnishing.)

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/027b3664-bc04-4436-a5d2-4abb4de60130_zpshsyw1x19.jpg

Cockpit (Need to touch up the dials, clothing, skin, and highlight the brass.)

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/8ad007a4-7934-41ff-b55e-d3e5650cc8eb_zpsxexhs3nk.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/c43accb2-a562-488c-93e6-80ab645cb0b7_zpskswrhfjb.jpg

I tried to go for an Night-Vision effect on the forward display, hopefully it's visible.

Also, Dave Taylor did end up responding to my email, which was pretty awesome- I grew up on the WD issues that showcased his armies, so having such a monumental part of the hobby respond to my questions was a REALLY cool thing, especially since the Warhound itself is already sort of a dream-come-true. :biggrin.:

On top of that, a couple of FW orders I placed came in really quickly, one coming only four days after I placed it, the next one about six. For a usual wait time of 11-13 days, I feel quite happy with the speed of the orders.

However, the bad news is that one of the items I ordered, a Solar Auxilia Medusa, arrived with a pretty large wedge snapped off of the hull.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/7ed448c6-80d0-40f3-a974-1a945486300c_zpssgccssof.jpg

I imagine it's from a gate that snapped in transit, but its a pretty big bummer to have such a cool model arrive broken. As such, I'll have to try and find a way to resolve the issue, or she won't be seeing the light of day anytime soon. Best case, I find the gate with piece attached. Worst, I try to greenstuff-fu it back together. Although I'm hesitant on that end- Greenstuff and I have very rarely got along.

Anyways, I won't end the post on a negative note- even with that breakage, everything else in the order came in fine, and thanks to Dave Taylor, I won't leave the Aedifex bare to the world for too long now. :tongue.:

So I managed to get my hands on one of the new Tribune Models from FW at my local GW today. 

It was an interesting ride- managed to get there 18 minutes after the opening, got in line and they ended up selling the last one to the guy in front of me.

I was a little miffed, since I had only wanted that model- but figured that it was meant to be, so let it go. To my surprise, as I was getting into my car, one customer knocked on my window and told me he had an extra that he would sell.

$40 later, and I had the model in my hands. I was never really a big fan of it, but after that roundabout experience, and my desire for a unique FW model, (seeing as Dreygur and the other exclusives are about ~$60 online) I was more than happy to have it in my hands. 

It went together really well- a very clean model in general, and simple to build and figure out. The only issue I had was the head, which I couldn't stand. That bloody mohawk drives me insane. I cut up one of the FW Iron Warriors heads to fit the model, and this was the end result.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/286A56F3-81F9-4846-9984-9DB7904784F8_zpszx8dsr7y.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/8F63A26A-623E-4A18-AA13-7D14035CF387_zpslqi882f2.jpg

Very easy conversion, but it gives him a cool nordic/gladiator vibe, which leads me to think I'll be using him as a Champion or something like that in game, unless he's being run as a Tribune. I need to base him/ clean up the GS work on his head, but a few chips and dents never looked out of place on an Iron Warrior. He should look great once he's all painted up.

I *might* still replace the glaive with an axe, but I'm a little unsure as of right now if I want to. It's a pretty unique weapon, and would be a shame to lose.

@Flint13 thanks! :biggrin.:

I 100% agree with you- looking at it again this morning, I feel it would be a shame to waste such a cool weapon. It really makes the model stand out from the other centurions/praetors in my force.

I also decided to do an army shot of what I had in the 52nd Grand Battalion- and after pulling all of the models out, I'm a little in awe of what I have. This is the first army shot on any log, and I'm proud to say that this isn't even all of the force. :blink.:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/AFD487C3-91DA-40AA-8A7C-C45BEE88DF65_zps6r7rrb7q.jpg

I only have about 30-35 models left to paint (as of now) which is a pretty big milestone for me, as this is by far the largest army i've ever collected. Fluff and transfers, etc. are a different story, but every unit has somewhere to start at least.

The eagle eyed here will notice that Perturabo is sitting in the middle of the Tyrants- which is kind of odd, seeing as this is a loyalist force. In all honesty, I just love the model, and actually picked him up at Warhammer World back in April. 

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/85c9d25e-b8dc-412f-8b55-f7a6d0c5c0e6_zpspysdmck2.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/2BDB5A6A-C407-4670-931F-86166C89C6B7_zpsjgnttg0f.jpg

I painted him up for the L&TII (which was great fun, and I look forward to doing again), and have only ever experienced that kind of painting euphoria when I did my Spartan Assault Tank and Praevian. However, while he was a joy to paint, his in-game performance has been mediocre at best (bloody Unwieldy hammer...). 

I can only imagine this army growing even further over time, as it's been a blast to build and paint. I remember just scraping 2000 points in my first games, relying on expensive models and units to reach that limit. Now, I have a host of options, and struggle to get enough into 3000 point games. I think more airpower and assault units are in order, although flyers have me worried ever since DFtS dropped. That said, both the xiphon and lightning are too cool to ignore for long,especially ever since my mind equated the primaris-lightning to the batplane, combining two things i have a rampant addiction towards.

I've particularly enjoyed reading the fiction and descriptions that accompany your completed models. My favourite is your warsmith; the before and after versions compliment each other with the drawing-of-the-sword pose pulling them together. Looking forward to seeing your continued expansion of the IVth Legions grim and bitter background.

I've particularly enjoyed reading the fiction and descriptions that accompany your completed models. My favourite is your warsmith; the before and after versions compliment each other with the drawing-of-the-sword pose pulling them together. Looking forward to seeing your continued expansion of the IVth Legions grim and bitter background.

Thanks Achinadav, I always try to make sure every unit has some fluff- both in terms of a short narrative and overview- just because it helps bring the models to life. :smile.:

I appreciate the comment about my Warsmith as well. When I built the mk.II(I) version, i didn't realize that it mirrored my original attempts in his pose and armament. After he was done, I was actually quite happy with the coincidence, as it kind of reflected his transformation- from a younger, more idealistic officer, to one who starts to fall prey to the bitterness so typical of the IVth (and who is painted much better, imo). 

That said, we'll have to see what happens as the campaign for the Salient Cluster goes on... 

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, my hand is hurting like hell, but I wanted to repost what I just finished for the ETL:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/ECEE7688-5857-44FA-B1F4-149794231AA3_zpsa9xfxrgz.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/B1CCDF98-BDC5-4429-B583-6D2C464EDA93_zpsypdjp21u.jpg

She has been a treat, a joy, a :censored:, and a nightmare to complete, but she is now at the point where I can comfortably call her done.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/9AF7A35B-3EF2-404B-9982-02C6B8BC1B2B_zpsjmt5bgzs.jpg

I also appreciate how much the Aedifex Perditae has made me value the use of my hands (and sanity). I broke a finger a week or two back, and it's been driving me up the wall trying to build, paint, and do anything hobby related since. It's especially frustrating seeing as there's only one month left for the ETL, and I have a bunch of stuff I queued up (for when I finished this beast of a model), that I'm now unsure of getting done in time.

That said, I'm really happy with her, and I'll make a post soon for some of the cooler parts of the model, but for now- I'm tired, and just glad that she's finally finished and looking pretty on my table. 

Now, to find someone crazy enough to take her on.... :devil:

Holy crap man. 

I feel your feels on that hand injury. A few years back I broke my little finger playing lacrosse and it drove me insane trying to paint and build WHFB beastmen.

I still did it, mind, but it was pretty agonizing. The sacrifices we make for hobby XD

But seriously, even impaired, that Titan looks badass. Great job man! I love how stark the blue plasma coils look against the black and white of the carapace armor. 

Holy crap man. 

I feel your feels on that hand injury. A few years back I broke my little finger playing lacrosse and it drove me insane trying to paint and build WHFB beastmen.

I still did it, mind, but it was pretty agonizing. The sacrifices we make for hobby XD

But seriously, even impaired, that Titan looks badass. Great job man! I love how stark the blue plasma coils look against the black and white of the carapace armor. 

Thanks Flint. :smile.: 

Sacrifices indeed... I use an electric toothbrush to clean my resin-crack, and even though it makes my hand hurt like :censored: , the idea of not cleaning my expensive toy soldiers as soon as I get them is unacceptable. :biggrin.: I'm honestly dreading the idea of cleaning the Xiphon I just received in the mail.