Starting my first army - Sons of Cadia

87Colossus

Hello, battle brothers!

I hear the call of the God-Emperor and joined the Imperial Guard! I decided on the Imperial Guard because I think the ideia of ordinary people facing the biggest threats in the 41st millennium incredible. Also, besides that if we were at that time I would certainly be one of them and not an officer or space marine.

To my first army I choose a homebrew regiment to start my army, the "Sons of Cadia" [thanks Sanctus Reach for the name]

Lore: After the controversial events of the supposed fall of Cadia [Cadia Stands! The Inquisitor keeps on alert], the survivors of the old world spread across the Imperium.

However, the example of Cadia and its inhabitants remains a model of honor and power of the God-Emperor and humanity.

Therefore, Cadia remains, and the men and women who for some reason were not at the time of the arch-enemy's troop's disaster must keep Cadia's legacy alice. We are the Sons of Cadia and we always stand!

Battle-cry: For Cadia and his Sons!

Colours: Green and Black

Q4gBSAI.jpg

• Fatigues: Green (more dark than 8th regiment)
  • Flak Armour: Black (as a sign of mourning and respect for the fallen comrades)

Emblem:

Winged circle meaning the bless of the God-Emperor

Crossed Lasguns meaning our weapon and meaning of fight

CHYBJPB.jpg

MReFnS5.jpg

But I can't decid the colours, first (white) or second (green). What you think?

On the side, attached, are some images to ilustrate my ideia.

C&C are welcome, also tips.

The first enlisted:

Commissar Dallas

lYs1a0N.jpg

I like your concept.

CHYBJPB.jpg

MReFnS5.jpg

But I can't decid the colours, first (white) or second (green). What you think?

The crossed lasguns are difficult to see against the dark green background. I advise displaying them against the white background.

Commissar Dallas

Which planet is Dallas from? Commissars aren't assigned to regiments from the same planet they're born on, likely to prevent the commissars from identifying with and then becoming sympathetic to the guardsmen, which will then prevent the commissars from punishing the latter's mistakes. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Which planet is Dallas from? Commissars aren't assigned to regiments from the same planet they're born on, likely to prevent the commissars from identifying with and then becoming sympathetic to the guardsmen, which will then prevent the commissars from punishing the latter's mistakes.

Dallas' life story is not very different from other Commissars. He was living in Agrippina when her parents, who worked in the industry, were killed.

This proximity between the planets facilitates his work, after all he knows both the culture of the Cadians and the most effective way to maintain the morale of the troops.

Edited by 87Colossus

Welcome to the Guard :smile.: I think the white background works better too, it's simpler as well which is always good for iconography :thumbsup: Keep us updated on your progress!

Thank you!

My army (regiment) is growing. I'm still working at Leman Russ battle tank and has two more enlisted, a sargeant and a regular soldier.

More updates are coming. 

Welcome to the Guard! Warriorfish & Bjorn are right on the background the white will show the detail better, and using it on the banner gives you a good option for an accent color to tell your officers and veterans against the mass of men you'll accumulate. The Russ is also great and a great example of a tank in 40k with its high toughness and armor. It going to be green like your troops?

Welcome to the Guard! Warriorfish & Bjorn are right on the background the white will show the detail better, and using it on the banner gives you a good option for an accent color to tell your officers and veterans against the mass of men you'll accumulate. The Russ is also great and a great example of a tank in 40k with its high toughness and armor. It going to be green like your troops?

Thanks! Yes, the Leman Russ will be green with some details in black. I'm really like the style of Raptors Chapter paint style, so my main inspirations for vehicles are from them.