Don't Mess With The Imperium!

Hobbes

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT07.jpg

Notice the smashed Eldar Dire Avengers.. not fully posed yet.. but I left a base height to be able to sqeeze a few bodies under the foot.. so the question is :

"what exactly happens when a warhound steps on you?"

Um, i thought there wouldnt be much left of you after being stepped on by 30 odd tonnes of warmachine??? :D

SQUISH

Awsom dude, be cool to see it painted, you could have other footprints on its base with mushed eldar bits in them. lots of blood! :devil:

Awsom dude, be cool to see it painted, you could have other footprints on its base with mushed eldar bits in them. lots of blood!

Tis actually the plan.. and i just got it, havent finished building it, twill be painted ASAP, the back foot is going to be raised with some "dinosaur footprints"

After reading the rules of the shimmer shield (5+ invulnerable save granted to entire squad), I figured that's cool but I'd like to see it work against the foot of a titan. so He'll be (unsuccesfully)trying to save his team (which is being squashed) for the Diorama base.

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/DireAvengerAutarch01.jpg

(He'll be mounted onthe base next to his dismembered crew... (**Shimmer Shield this!**)

Here's some nice shots of the detail inside the head for those interested..

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT08.jpg

Still not glued together, there's a bulkhead that slides down to mend the two halves together and hide the seams, but I'm gonna keep it open for various reasons.. it makes it look bigger, and I'm going to be hanging something from the roof that will accomodate that space.

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT09.jpg

One of the Hardwired Servitors...

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT10.jpg

besides that station there, the hole runs through to the battery spot I bored an inch deep and will be accessed/hidden by a hinged vent on the backside.

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT11.jpg

That's the opposite door to the head, and the elevator, which is being made to lower and raise with miniature chain, love to rig this up remotely so i can push a button and the servos will wind up the chain.. but im afraid its not in the cards, as thers not enough room to do so.. so there will be hatches along the outside (making them now) that flip open to pull the chain up, and it is held in by magnets pushed down etc.. and gravity should lower the chain. so all i have to do is rig hatches, and bore enough room for the chain to rest when the elevator is up, but not so much that I cant retreieve and "winch" it up.. .you'll see it'll work beautifully!

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT12crew.jpg

The Crew Members will be magnetic so If I want to use this for another army, I can put Space Wolves Fenrisian type Priest inside, or little Demiurg Drivers.. we'll see... Those other two come seperate and will either be mounted on the elevator or standing inside... depending on available room...

The head will be completely detailed as well, the only addition being the lights which will be kept out of the way.. but still shine to show what terrible eyes it has..

http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT06.jpg

Sooo... should I Hit the Xenos models with a hammer for the back foot.. :blush:

Sooo... should I Hit the Xenos models with a hammer for the back foot..

Usually i have nightmares about that, but scince this regards a Titan.......smash away! :)

What colour scheme are you gonna use for it?

And i thought that only the Adeptus Mechanicus Princeps could comand a Titan?? Why would space wolfs or demigurgs "drive" it?

Also, how do u plan on making/obtaining demigurg models? Ive never seen a model and i would love to see one.

I will defiantly follow this project, canot wait to see it finished in all of its stompy madness! :tu: :o

Reaper31

While I've never heard of Space Wolves or Demiurg driving Titans, that doesn't mean it isn't possible. An Iron Priest in training could be tested to see if he was a suitable Princeps, and found worthy. Demiurg, being Xenos, probably not. Squats, however...

Yup. In Space Marine by Ian Watson, the main characters' Scout Squad hijacked a rebel Warlord Titan. They killed the crew, ate their brains and doing so, absorbed the knowledge present there, so they would be able to operate it. They totally wrecked it though... <_<

Yeah, technically the Princeps has to bond his mind with the machine spirits and then regain sanity to control a titan.. but well since the crew all comes seperate.. and a second unoccupied chair also comes with it.. why not...?

@ Reaper31 - I think the detail might be lost if I smash a model with a hammer. but maybe that'd be realistic.. I'll sacrifice one for testing at least.

Also, how do u plan on making/obtaining demigurg models? Ive never seen a model and i would love to see one.

Since the Demi's aren't techincally space marines nor AM, I probably shouldn't post them here, but I've got one sqaud finished (won$50 in a Xenos Contest) & enough parts to build the army collected, just unsure which rules to use..

About the Princeps, Indeed there is as BL said, though why have two Princeps onboard.. kinda overkill if you ask me.. The dismounted one is hardly as cool looking as this one though.. and perhaps I'll scratch up one even cooler.. like stated above.. we'll see..

The guns for this are fricking huge.. I'm gonna scratchbuild the other two weapons available to a wrahound titan (inferno cannon, and multilaser) and build a tank that can house/wield the unused weapons.. it'll be crazy! :D

Totally awsome Hobbes, I'll look forward to see the finished piece.

Yup. In Space Marine by Ian Watson, the main characters' Scout Squad hijacked a rebel Warlord Titan. They killed the crew, ate their brains and doing so, absorbed the knowledge present there, so they would be able to operate it. They totally wrecked it though... :)

LMAO, I just found a new sig :blink:

*SQUISH*

I want one...

And not even terminator armour can survive being stepped on by a titan, that was just the author being creative...

If you want to argue about that I'd say it was the absolute power of the Space Wolf gene seed that kept him alive hence proving the Wolves of Russ as the greatest of the Emperor's followers. Hell, not everyone can say one of their warriors was flattened by a titan and survived...

I always read that as if his armour was smashed into the ground, with the weakest material giving in, in this case the ground. He then clambered out of the hole before the dust settled.

That, or he was just lucky to be caught between the toes instead of under the foot, like that cameraman in Godzilla... ;)

"what exactly happens when a warhound steps on you?"
That would depend on the hardness on the ground and the ridgidity of the person being stepped on. I think their would be a fair to good chance of sinking deep into the mud under the compressive load applied by the titan. As the titan finishes deppressing the mud, the pressure on the body would increase until it achieves the yield point of the person in question at which point it undergoes plastic deformation until it hits its lowest energy state.

In more lay terms, you become one with the mud.

I just like the idea that the lowly eldar are too far below the Warhound's almighty power (in relation to non titans of course) that the princeps just steps on a few of them and keeps walking. Not point hanging around to finish the rest of the squad...

Something that is really important to complete the look you're trying to go for: reposition the feet on the dead eldar. They need to be in a "oh my god I was just squished" pose; currently they look like the titan is stepping on some action figures its little brother left lying around. Lie down on the floor and pretend you've been squished to get an idea how your foot would lay if you were in that position. I think you'll be surprised just how important this detail is to pulling off your idea.

Or even better...

Go out and build a life size warhound titan.

Then get your little sister to lie down and see what happens to her when she gets stepped on by a behemoth such as the warhound.

*You can always substitute little sister with mother in law or english teacher if desired.

• 4 weeks later...
A warhound titan only weighs 30 tons?

That doesn't seem right.

Look some of the larger WWII canons/big bertha etc, and pay attention to size and weight.

Maybe adamantium is more like titanium than steel or lead.

Zethicus.

Yeah, the superheavy tanks are 100-300 tons, if I recall correctly. A Warhound should weigh at least as much, I guess. On the other hand, it would probably sink into the ground on those little hooves...

Archived